Kevin Trudeau smacked around again by ABC, while Loony Lenny & Captain Winky sell speed
I have so many blog posts that are screaming to be finished and published, but I am on deadline today. So here are just a couple of quickie snippets...
|Click to enlarge. Source: http://abc.go.com/schedule|
ABC's The Lookout follows up on Kevin Trudeau
[Note: See my review just below this section. ~CC] On May 29, 2013, the premiere episode of ABC's new consumer-oriented summer series, The Lookout, tackled serial scammer Kevin Trudeau and his Global Information Network (GIN). As you know, much has happened since then, and over this past weekend ABC began running TV promos of a follow-up, scheduled to air tonight (at least in the US) at 10:00 Eastern/9:00 Central. I announced this on some of the Facebook forums a few days ago, but it's only fitting that I post it on this Whirled too.
|Click to enlarge. Source: broadwayworld.com|
|Click to enlarge|
To catch up on what's going on with Kevin's civil and criminal court cases -- including links to important court documents -- click here.
This should give you an idea of what will be covered on tonight's KT segment of The Lookout.
Those of you who are rooting for him will be pleased to know that at least for the time being, he will be allowed to live in his rented McMansion in the Chicago area.
Quick review after viewing The Lookout episode...
Okay. It was good but not great, though it will probably be useful for those who didn't catch the May 29 segment. Most of tonight's episode was, in fact, a re-hash of the May 29 show. Of the old footage, it appears that this time around, they did add a few things that weren't in the original version (e.g., a couple more seconds of ex-GIN member Abe Husein actually behind the wheel of Katie's Bentley), but there was really no new background information. There was, however, a brief update mentioning the latest court actions -- most notably, the order signed by Judge Gettleman on August 7, assigning a receiver to handle Trudeau's assets, and a mention of some of the receiver's considerable powers. Here again is a link to that order. There was no mention of the upcoming criminal trial, scheduled to begin on November 4. All told, it seems that there is more "new news" on the ABC link I provided in the paragraph above... and here is that link again.
Even so, we can expect the usual suspects to be crowing on the Facebooks tomorrow about how THIS story is the final nail in the coffin of GIN. Some of the folks on the Facebook forums are laughing about the huge number of "final nails" there have already been (well, "final" according to certain Loony prognosticators), and one of my Facebook buddies mentioned that there has been less fanfare about the bag of hammers driving those nails in. I can't imagine what he meant...
Don't get me wrong about any of the above. I still think ABC has done an excellent job of digging up information and chasing Katie around the globe and so forth. And they certainly know how to put together a riotously entertaining piece. Also, according to Bill Weir, the reporter who did both segments, some of the information in the May 29 story was actually used as evidence to help bolster the FTC's case, ultimately resulting in the decision to clip Katie's wings for a while. So there's that. But it remains to be seen how much, if any, difference it will make in the fight against Scamworld.Here's a link where you can watch the video on the ABC site.
Meanwhile, two of KT's ex-cohorts, Loony Lenny Coldwell and Peter Wink, collectively known on this Whirled as Petard Winkwell, are up to their old tricks. As you may recall, these two are the brothers-in-harms who have deemed themselves the Supreme Founders of the IMBS-ing U Master Baiter's Seekrit Klub (which is a cheap rip-off of the Global Information Network (GIN)). Lately they've taken to promoting yet another scam by yet another former co-scammer of Trudeau: speed-reading hustledork Howard Berg. They've been billing him as "the smartest man in the world," and are pushing one of his "can't-fail" home biz-ops.
I noticed the above promo last week and knew it was infinitely rich snark chum, but I had other distractions. But never fear. My pal Omri Shabat at Glancingweb has published a hilarious and informative post about this latest lame attempt at scamming the masses (link below, at the end of this post).
|Yesterday's info-frauduct, from the days when |
"The World's Fastest Reader" teamed up with "Mr. Mega Memory" himself
In his post, Omri shared an old FTC order from 1998. You have to wonder if Howard Berg is currently violating any part of that order -- portions of which are apparently valid for at least five more years -- by continuing to promote his biz-ops. I wonder if the IMBS-ing U Supreme Tacos even care about that possibility. Maybe since Peter is pals with the FTC, having testified against Kevin, it's all okay.
As many of you may know, 1998 was the year the FTC first really got after Kevin. Howard Berg, among several others, are mentioned in this classic document.
In a snarky nod to the past alliance between Berg and Trudeau, Omri writes:
Every day, before he brushes his fangs, Leonard Coldwell gazes lecherously upon the portrait of his homoeroticized hero and growls to himself “THE NAME IS TRUDEAU, KEVIN TRUDEAU.” In the meantime, he’s just scratching Trudeau’s moldering leftovers.Yeah, that sounds about right.
But enough from me. Here's Omri, waxing hilarious as usual on "The World's Fastest Bullsh-tter."
More True-dough on this Whirled:
- August 2013: Kevin Trudeau: things heat up as criminal trial approaches
- July 2013: No cage for Katie (sorry, Lenny)
- July 2013: Leonard Coldwell and Kevin Trudeau: love and marriage and pots and kettles
- July 2013: Kevin Trudeau asks court to let him go to Zurich, FTC sez no, judge sez no too
- July 2013: Kevin Trudeau: The FTC is really, really mad now...sort of
- July 2013: Kevin Trudeau: Gone fishing? Or something...
- July 2013: Kevin Trudeau: Rumors, lies, and SNAG support
- June 2013: The Health Ranger: another phony hero in the fight against Scamworld?
- June 2013: Kevin Trudeau in court again: Something big... something really big!... or maybe not
- June 2013: Kevin Trudeau and justice: muddy waters
- May 2013: ABC has fun with Kevin Trudeau, and life goes on
- May 2013: ABC tackles Kevin Trudeau -- again!
- May 2013: Kevie goes a-courtin': pleading the Fifth
- May 2013: Kevin Trudeau: Justice...or just more paper shuffling?
- May 2013: Kevin Trudeau: Countdown to court date (or not)
- May 2013: Kevin Trudeau + Mark Hamilton = GIN with a twist of Neo-stink
- April 2013: Bankruptcy: GIN members await Level 7 while Kevin Trudeau files Chapter 7
- March 2013: Ryan Kath at KSHB-TV does Trudeau/GIN update, Coldwell & Wink continue to scam with cheap imitation of GIN
- February 2013: Kevin Trudeau's GIN: The sky is falling (again)...yawn
- February 2013: Loony Coldwell: Cheesy video and bad spelling
- February 2013: IBMS Master's Society Supreme Loony Coldwell strikes again
- February 2013: Faux heroes and hypocrisy in action
- February 2013: Meet the new scam, same as the old scam, Part 2
- January 2013: Vital signs: "Immortal" (former) breatharian Mony Vital dies on GIN cruise
- January 2013: Meet the new scam, same as the old scam, Part 1
- December 2012: 2012 ~ The Whirled goes on
- November 2012: Kevin Trudeau: justice delayed...again
- November 2012: Kevin Trudeau exposé on KSHB-TV: buzz, backlash, and big beginnings
- November 2012: Alien nation: just how crazy is Kevin Trudeau (not to mention his sheeple)?
- November 2012: Kevin Trudeau: KSHB-TV undercover investigation
- November 2012: Kevin Trudeau gets some more mainstream lovin'
- October 2012: Evil has not won
- October 2012: Kevin Trudeau: Rats in our heads, GIN down the toilet...and life goes on
- October 2012: Kevin Trudeau: The shape of things to come?
- September 2012: Leonard Coldwell and Fred Van Liew: Pot, meet kettle
- August 2012: Truth is better than GIN any day
- July 2012: Drunk on GIN, and you can too!
- July 2012: Kevin Trudeau's GIN: part of the big sick machine
- July 2012: Independence Daze
- May 2012 (updated September 2012): Paging Dr. C: Bernd bridges in Deutschland?
- May 2012: Can alien DNA save Kevin Trudeau's GIN?
- May 2012: Does a canary with a GIN hangover sing as sweetly?
- April 2012: Viva Lost Wages: Sin City Become GIN City for a weekend
- February 2012: A. Rose by any other name would shill as sweet
- December 2011: True-dough updates: Bad poetry for KT, hate mail for CC
- November 2011: A jumpsuit for Jimmy
- August 2011: First Amendment Stuporhero
- August 2011: Everything old is Nouveau again (or, Neo-scam by any other name) -- Part 2 of 2
- August 2011: Calling all lazy men: let's build a pyramid together!
- August 2011: Everything old is Nouveau again (or, Neo-scam by any other name), Part 1 of 2
- June 2011: Holy Guacamole! True-dough's racist rants
- June 2011: For he's a jolly good felon: True-dough speaks out for Death Ray
- December 2009 (amended several times in 2010): Illuminutty: the secret brotherhood of the chronically gullible
- November 2009: How to take over the world
- July 2009: Horse farts and related matters
- January 2009: Mr. Fire meets up with true dough