Kevin Trudeau: KSHB-TV undercover investigation
On my previous blog post I mentioned an undercover investigative story by Ryan Kath at the Kansas City, Missouri, NBC affiliate, KSHB-TV. I've been interested in this because the subject of the investigation, which was set in motion when Kansas City resident Abe Husein approached Kath three months ago, is one of my Whirled's favorite snargets, serial scammer Kevin Trudeau, and Trudeau's Ponzi-ish Global Information Network (GIN). Click on the graphic above to get to the video of the story on the KSHB-TV site, as well as a written summary. Or click right here.
Will this one video, clocking in at a little over eight minutes, bring the whole GIN empire tumbling down? Some have pinned their hopes on that very scenario. While I think those folks are entirely too optimistic, I think that Ryan Kath did a fine job, and it is obvious that the finished piece just tells the bare-bones tale. The story is ongoing, and I'm sure Ryan and his team have plenty more footage and that this investigation is not finished. I've also heard that other stations and possibly other networks will be doing something with this story.
For now, enjoy the show, feel free to share the link, and if you've been screwed by Trudeau or GIN yourself -- or even if you just think this is a story that needs to be told -- do what Abe Husein did. Go to your local media. Go to the national or international media. Tell your story. Make them see why this is important. People are getting screwed by Trudeau and his ilk every single day -- and not just young, ambitious guys like Abe and his friend Mark Uresti (another ex-GIN member who also contributed to the story), but also vulnerable retirees, downsized baby boomers who have been forced into early retirement, out-of-work college grads living in their parents' basement... a whole sea of people who are nothing but walking wallets to the likes of Kevin Trudeau.
And Trudeau and his top minions will do everything they can to bleed these folks' wallets dry, and he will sneer at them for being "losers" when they don't want to go along with his games any more. And when they drop out of the club he will simply hunt for more victims. He is a predator, pure and simple.
The elephant in the room is this: Trudeau's criminal history is well known. Very well known. Why, then, did so many people sign up for GIN knowing of this history? Abe explains that Trudeau is a master persuader. Combine that with the fact that hope springs infernal (as Steve Salerno of SHAMblog put it), and you have the perfect setup for a profitable scam -- profitable for the top scammer, that is.
In any case, whatever Abe's motives were for joining GIN, I think he did a very good thing by setting this story in motion. My only hope for him is that he doesn't cast his lot permanently with other scammers who are as bad or worse than "KT" (or "KY," as Abe and many other ex-fans of Trudeau call him).
In any case, I think that most people are beginning to realize that this battle is not over. The truth is that Scamworld is a big, sick world. Even so, every bit of effort helps. So congratulations again to Abe for getting this started, and for Ryan for telling the story. Here's that link again.
More GIN tales (and hilarious graphics) on Bernie O'Mahony's GINtruth.com.
More True-dough on this Whirled:
- November 2012: Kevin Trudeau gets some more mainstream media lovin'
- October 2012: Evil has not won
- October 2012: Kevin Trudeau: Rats in our heads, GIN down the toilet...and life goes on
- October 2012: Kevin Trudeau: The shape of things to come?
- September 2012: Leonard Coldwell and Fred Van Liew: Pot, meet kettle
- August 2012: Truth is better than GIN any day
- July 2012: Drunk on GIN, and you can too!
- July 2012: Kevin Trudeau's GIN: part of the big sick machine
- July 2012: Independence Daze
- May 2012 (updated September 2012): Paging Dr. C: Bernd bridges in Deutschland?
- May 2012: Can alien DNA save Kevin Trudeau's GIN?
- May 2012: Does a canary with a GIN hangover sing as sweetly?
- April 2012: Viva Lost Wages: Sin City Become GIN City for a weekend
- February 2012: A. Rose by any other name would shill as sweet
- December 2011: True-dough updates: Bad poetry for KT, hate mail for CC
- November 2011: A jumpsuit for Jimmy
- August 2011: First Amendment Stuporhero
- August 2011: Calling all lazy men: let's build a pyramid together!
- August 2011: Everything old is Nouveau again (or, Neo-scam by any other name), Part 1 of 2
- June 2011: Holy Guacamole! True-dough's racist rants
- June 2011: For he's a jolly good felon: True-dough speaks out for Death Ray
- December 2009: Illuminutty: the secret brotherhood of the chronically gullible
- November 2009: How to take over the world
- July 2009: Horse farts and related matters
- January 2009: Mr. Fire meets up with true dough