No cage for Katie (sorry, Lenny)
I very rarely post twice in one day, but just wanted to share an update about Kevin Trudeau's civil court case. Despite predictions from certain daft ex-Trudeau buddies, KT is not going to jail. Not yet, anyway. But the judge did find him in contempt (again), and he has to transfer all of his assets to a receiver. Here's the link to the NBC5 Chicago story about today's decision.
On Facebook, judicial expert Loony Coldwell weighed in with his opinion that the criminal case with Judge Ronald Guzman will result in a 15-year jail sentence for Katie.
Coldwell also says once again (he just can't quit crowing about this) that the IRS is after Katie too. It's true that according to the FTC, at least $6 million in federal and state tax liens have been filed against Trudeau. So it is reasonable to assume that the IRS -- and numerous other agencies -- have had their eye on Katie for years. (But I wonder how many agencies have their eye on Coldwell. After all, he put up a video a while back, with the title, "I would tell the IRS to go get lost!", in which he said that the US income tax is illegal and people don't have to pay it, in his opinion. That video was posted on several sites but seems to be gone from most of them now, and in the one remaining link I found, the bit about telling the IRS to get lost seems to have been edited out. Lately, Loony and his buddy Peter Wink have been saying that you have to join their IBMS Master's Society seekrit society scam in order to get information about the IRS and related sovereignty issues that "they" don't want you to know about.)
Regarding the 15-year prison sentence, it is true that the government filed a document this past April regarding their recommended sentence if Kevin Trudeau is convicted in his criminal contempt case (number 1:10-cr-0086, with the Honorable Ronald A. Guzman). Originally it was set to go to trial on June 3, but numerous delays occurred -- including a possibly short-lived bankruptcy case -- so the trial is currently scheduled for late August, subject to change as always.
Anyway, as I wrote in a May post, in that April document the government recommended a sentence of between 188-225 months in prison -- or between 15.66666666 and 18.75 years. They used a specific formula for determining this recommendation. But there is no guarantee that this case will even be tried, much less that Trudeau will be convicted, much less that he will be sentenced to prison for nearly that long -- or at all.
And as I have said before, even I do not believe that a prison sentence, particularly a lengthy one like that, is really justice for a nonviolent criminal like Trudeau. For one thing, it doesn't scratch the surface of the money, time, energy, and emotional/mental well-being he has stolen from untold thousands of people (though I also realize that many of his fans and followers do not feel he has stolen anything from them). That $37.6 million civil case, and the related criminal case, are only about Trudeau's weight-loss book and only marginally related to his massive Ponzi-like scheme, the Global Information Network (GIN).
As I have also said before, it is too bad our justice system does not allow for a forced life of humble servitude and subsistence living. THAT would be the worst punishment of all for Trudeau, who is an insufferable elitist. That would be mainly punitive and would not do much to compensate any alleged victims of Trudeau's scams, but it would be poetic justice.
Many of his fans would say that the fact Trudeau feels compelled to live in exile is punishment enough. They have been suitably indoctrinated by Katie, and believe the government is the real culprit in the Kevin Trudeau saga. What a horrid punishment -- being forced to live in luxury digs in Zurich, one of the world's most expensive cities. Now all he has to do is manage to get back there at some point, and I have a feeling that he will.
Meanwhile, the party is going on in Zurich -- the GIN summer conference, which lasts through tomorrow (July 28) -- even though the fearless leader cannot be there in person.
And who was it who said there will be no neat and tidy endings? Oh, yeah. The Cosmic Slut.
PS ~ Here is a link to the order issued by Judge Gettleman on July 26.
This order references a document filed on July 15, which may also interest you. That document, number 713, is important because it contains a handy summary of the case since 2007, explaining how the contempt issue just kept growing. And more importantly, it has a summary of the tangled web of Kevin Trudeau's business entities -- information that points to serious efforts at asset concealment. There is also a summary of the way KT has blown through money over the past few years -- money that the FTC claims could have been used to pay down the $37.6 million fine. It's a good nutshell summary of the FTC's case against Katie. Here is that link.
More True-dough on this Whirled:
- July 2013: Kevin Trudeau asks court to let him go to Zurich, FTC sez no, judge sez no too
- July 2013: Kevin Trudeau: The FTC is really, really mad now...sort of
- July 2013: Kevin Trudeau: Gone fishing? Or something...
- July 2013: Kevin Trudeau: Rumors, lies, and SNAG support
- June 2013: The Health Ranger: another phony hero in the fight against Scamworld?
- June 2013: Kevin Trudeau in court again: Something big... something really big!... or maybe not
- June 2013: Kevin Trudeau and justice: muddy waters
- May 2013: ABC has fun with Kevin Trudeau, and life goes on
- May 2013: ABC tackles Kevin Trudeau -- again!
- May 2013: Kevie goes a-courtin': pleading the Fifth
- May 2013: Kevin Trudeau: Justice...or just more paper shuffling?
- May 2013: Kevin Trudeau: Countdown to court date (or not)
- May 2013: Kevin Trudeau + Mark Hamilton = GIN with a twist of Neo-stink
- April 2013: Bankruptcy: GIN members await Level 7 while Kevin Trudeau files Chapter 7
- March 2013: Ryan Kath at KSHB-TV does Trudeau/GIN update, Coldwell & Wink continue to scam with cheap imitation of GIN
- February 2013: Kevin Trudeau's GIN: The sky is falling (again)...yawn
- February 2013: Loony Coldwell: Cheesy video and bad spelling
- February 2013: IBMS Master's Society Supreme Loony Coldwell strikes again
- February 2013: Faux heroes and hypocrisy in action
- February 2013: Meet the new scam, same as the old scam, Part 2
- January 2013: Vital signs: "Immortal" (former) breatharian Mony Vital dies on GIN cruise
- January 2013: Meet the new scam, same as the old scam, Part 1
- December 2012: 2012 ~ The Whirled goes on
- November 2012: Kevin Trudeau: justice delayed...again
- November 2012: Kevin Trudeau exposé on KSHB-TV: buzz, backlash, and big beginnings
- November 2012: Alien nation: just how crazy is Kevin Trudeau (not to mention his sheeple)?
- November 2012: Kevin Trudeau: KSHB-TV undercover investigation
- November 2012: Kevin Trudeau gets some more mainstream lovin'
- October 2012: Evil has not won
- October 2012: Kevin Trudeau: Rats in our heads, GIN down the toilet...and life goes on
- October 2012: Kevin Trudeau: The shape of things to come?
- September 2012: Leonard Coldwell and Fred Van Liew: Pot, meet kettle
- August 2012: Truth is better than GIN any day
- July 2012: Drunk on GIN, and you can too!
- July 2012: Kevin Trudeau's GIN: part of the big sick machine
- July 2012: Independence Daze
- May 2012 (updated September 2012): Paging Dr. C: Bernd bridges in Deutschland?
- May 2012: Can alien DNA save Kevin Trudeau's GIN?
- May 2012: Does a canary with a GIN hangover sing as sweetly?
- April 2012: Viva Lost Wages: Sin City Become GIN City for a weekend
- February 2012: A. Rose by any other name would shill as sweet
- December 2011: True-dough updates: Bad poetry for KT, hate mail for CC
- November 2011: A jumpsuit for Jimmy
- August 2011: First Amendment Stuporhero
- August 2011: Everything old is Nouveau again (or, Neo-scam by any other name) -- Part 2 of 2
- August 2011: Calling all lazy men: let's build a pyramid together!
- August 2011: Everything old is Nouveau again (or, Neo-scam by any other name), Part 1 of 2
- June 2011: Holy Guacamole! True-dough's racist rants
- June 2011: For he's a jolly good felon: True-dough speaks out for Death Ray
- December 2009 (amended several times in 2010): Illuminutty: the secret brotherhood of the chronically gullible
- November 2009: How to take over the world
- July 2009: Horse farts and related matters
- January 2009: Mr. Fire meets up with true dough