Saturday, July 27, 2013

Another Whirled blogaversary: The 7-year (b)itch

 
Can you believe it's been seven years since I created this Whirled? I was originally inspired by Steve Salerno's SHAMblog, which I still read and enjoy, but this blog quickly took on an identity of its own. It started out as a lark but became a little more serious over the years.

Instead of reinventing the wheel with another historic look back,
I'll just link you to last year's blogaversary post. If you haven't read it, do so now, and I'll wait.

Things are mostly the same as they were last year, except there's no London Olympics this year, and in the time since I wrote the six-year-blogaversary post, I have learned that I am a former prostitute who is on drugs and is infected with AIDS, and who is being paid by Big Pharma to write blog posts that nobody reads, in order to discredit alt-health heroes. This is from last October (in later posts the little twerp spread the AIDS lie):



The things one learns about oneself when one reads the senseless rants of lunatics!

Loony C wasn't the first to slam me, of course. Over the years I have been accused of being a hater, a whiner, a jealous loser, and a naysayer who hates seeing other people succeed. I've been called a bitch and some things much worse. I've received death threats.

I've been accused of being too skeptical and disbelieving, and not skeptical enough. (
Here's a lengthy post about that, with more links to other posts.)

But I've also received thanks and kudos for "telling it like it is," for entertaining and even, on occasion, informing, and in some cases for helping steer someone away from a financial or sexual predator.

I've enjoyed these seven years, and I appreciate everyone's support throughout the years. And by the way, if you want to lend a little monetary support to this effort, there's a "Donation" button up there on the left. (
I even wrote a poem about it a couple of years ago.) For various reasons, donations are more appreciated now than ever.

Donation or not, I'm very glad you're here. And keep those comments coming.


* * * * *
Now more than ever, your donation is needed
to help keep this Whirled spinning.
Click here to donate via PayPal or debit/credit card.
If that link doesn't work, send PayPal payment directly to

scrivener66@hotmail.com
or to
cosmic.connie@juno.com
If PayPal, be sure to specify that your contribution is a gift. Thank you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog when I was searching an obscure new wager who scams the sheeple by taking them to South America to bless water. Since then I'm a regular. May you have at least another 7 to be thorn in all new wagers that get on your radar. Maybe us readers should vote on the top posts. Mine are in this order

Abrascam

Joe Fire Vitale

Killer James Ray

~Anonymous

Mariah said...

Congratulations on our seven year blogaversary, Cosmic Connie!! You have a great blog here!

Citizen Deux said...

Congratulations Connie! You have been a witty wordsmithing wizard on wirld wide wooery!

Roger Willco said...

Happy anniversary CC; and many happy returns!

Your "Whirled Musings" blog keeps me thinking...and laughing.

You rock!