As reported here a few days ago, the infamous Kevin Trudeau's scammy Global Information Network (GIN) ship seems to be sinking as more members wake up to the awful possibility that they've been had. As in scammed, flim-flammed, bamboozled. Things apparently haven't been going well in GIN for quite a while, but the fearless leader has been fighting to keep it going. One of the more recent bits of scuttlebutt I've seen is that True-dough has been telling his inner circle -- some of whom have apparently paid $75,000 or more for that privileged status -- that he possesses alien DNA and that they do too, which makes them very, very special and 'splains why they were drawn to each other. And I don't think KT is talking about illegal aliens, whom he has lambasted on his radio show, but about extraterrestrials.
Notwithstanding the fact that the late Carl Sagan once said, "We are all made of star stuff," that does seem a little out-there, even for KT. But there's marketing method to his madness. It seems that the alien tale is at least partly in the service of inspiring the top guys to get more sheeple to sign up for GIN so that as many folks as possible can have access to some exclusive 2012 knowledge that KT the ET will only share with people who have achieved a Level 3 or higher state of GIN intoxication.
Maybe you're needing a little background information about KT's 2012 shtick. If so, and if you have 18-plus minutes to waste -- 18 minutes that you will never get back, and bandwidth that you or someone is paying for -- here's a video where KT promises that he will be delivering earth-shattering, mind-blowing, life-changing information about 2012. If you want to see a lying, manipulative sociopath at work, this is a prime example.
In this vid, KT spends a lot of energy and time saying basically nothing, other than to assure us that he knows something we don't know, neener-neener-neener. And, he assures us, this is information that everybody absotively, posilutely has to know to survive, or at least to be successful and happy during, the possibly-apocalyptic alignment/planetary shift/global pole-reversal/space-time discombobulation thingy that will be happening on or about December 21, 2012. He's going to reveal it all in a two-hour webinar, the date of which keeps changing.
You may be asking: "If this info is so utterly important for everyone to know, why isn't he giving it away for free, for the good of humanity?" Well, I'll tell you, Mr., Ms., or Dr. Smarty Pants. At around 12:11 on the vid he lays it out: "Because, folks, I'm not going to give away for free what I've spent a lifetime developing." He goes on to mention the valuable relationships he has spent a lifetime building (most notably, relationships with those seekrit GIN council members -- Bilderbergers, Skull-and-Bones members and so forth -- who, he claims, are actually giving him the 2012 info). And of course he mentions the millions of dollars he has spent fighting evil governments who want to take away his right to free speech.
So nuh-uh, he is not giving it away for free, no how, no way. If people are not willing to pay for this data, they don't deserve to get it. You have to EARN the right to this information. But it will be worth it, really it will, because only KT has the lowdown about exactly what is going to happen around the time of the Winter Solstice 2012 (or the Summer Solstice, if you're in That Other Hemisphere). Everyone else who has ever written, spoken, speculated, or even vaguely thought about December 21, 2012 has it completely wrong, sez KT. So there.
Some of the disenchanted GIN members are speculating that this is a last-ditch money grab on KT's part before GIN collapses entirely, and/or KT's legal woes finally catch up to him.
But what about this alien stuff? Well, it kind of popped up on Facebook the other day. KT's former b.f.f. and now-disgruntled ex-front man Leonard Coldwell, the former Bernd Klein (aka Bernd Witchner) of Germany, made a couple of references to it. I'll just quote snippets, and you can try to follow the links provided to see the entire conversations. I can't guarantee that you will be able to access the pages; if you're not a Facebook member and/or friends with one or more of the participants you may be locked out. As soon as I find more accessible links to KT's "alien" claims then I will share them.
So far it appears that KT is mainly telling the alien story to his inner circle guys, and some of them are spilling the beans to Lenny, and Lenny is scuttling with the crumbs of gossip back to the growing anthill on Facebook. The following are remarks that Lenny made on the wall of a recently awakened GIN member named Abe (who is now making his own efforts to educate people about KT's lies). Sez Lenny:
I have just heard from a member that he the master manipulator, tells the inner circle members HE is an Alien with special DNA ?- I am still laughing !!!... https://www.facebook.com/abe.husein/posts/3558309711134
If you listen to the last update you know exactly what members are complaining about and how many. Buy the way even if some clowns think they can simply make up their own rules, lawfully they cant! If you exercise your 1st amendment right in public or private, no one can get thrown out of any club in the world for that. Plus your downline is your personal property and not for anyone else to take over. There could be so many civil and criminal violations in these kind of threats that my lawyer simply was shaking his head when he told me the information above. So no worry say and write what you think no one can throw you out of any club for exercising your constitutional rights. Some people have lost their sense of reality ( God complex ) ( plus he is telling people he is a space alien and they became a member in his personal brainwashing club because they have alien DNA too and attract each other)... https://www.facebook.com/abe.husein/posts/3561794158243
Here is the full story: Just spoke to [an] inner circle member: they have to write down a [command] for 7 days 70 times! Wow magic, Voodoo, or is he simply laughing his b... off how stupid these people are. Man they get a lot for $50 000 or $75 000 are they all going to be magicians ? https://www.facebook.com/abe.husein/posts/3559505541029That bit about using a magickal "command" somehow reminds me of Joe Vitale's and Pat O'Bryan's lame Psychic Demand frauduct. Both Joe and Pat have expressed great admiration for KT in recent years and have even hung out with him briefly. But I digress. I have a feeling Lenny is right about KT laughing his butt off about how gullible his victims are. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that KT has been laughing at them for years. Hucksters often have contempt for their marks, even as they pretend to care about them.
He promotes his December 21st 2012 revelations so that you upgrade to level 3, all BS he does not know anything he called me and I have the phone record, to ask me what I think or know is going to happen. I give you all the info for free please come for free no seminar fee to my June 9th seminar info... The seminar will be followed by the discussion group: “ My life after Gin “ And by the way nothing will happen that day [Dec. 21] it will be a normal day as usual but I will tell you exactly what will go on the next 4 years after that date. https://www.facebook.com/abe.husein/posts/3564569387622
Now, I realize that some people are going to tell me that you have to consider the source. Lenny is clearly mad at KT, even though for a couple of years he benefited handsomely from his association with GIN and KT -- and vice-versa, if we're to believe the numerous folks who say they joined GIN because of Lenny. Lenny is selling his own infofrauducts and flopportunities and MLM-ish stuff. Lenny makes extravagant and unsubstantiated claims about having cured -- yes, cured -- thousands of people of cancer and other diseases. But he's no M.D.; he has questionable-at-best credentials and a "mysterious" past. We know very little about his life in Germany before he moved to the US and changed his name. Bottom line for me is that whenever Lenny goes on about what a bad guy KT is and how the leopard doesn't change his spots, I have to seriously restrain myself from saying, "Well, that's a case of the pot calling the kettle black," or, "The leopard usually doesn't change his spots, but sometimes he changes his name." But I don't because I'm too polite.
The point is that despite my not being a fan of Lenny (oh, does it show?), I have to say that his dishy gossip sounds true, based on what I know of KT's M.O and penchant for tall tales. I'm still trying to find out if True-dough was really just being openly facetious or deliberately outrageous to cheer his top guys up a little. But I'm thinking not. And, assuming that he was really trying to get people to believe in his alien provenance, do the presumably educated grownups who had $75,000 or more to give to KT and GIN actually believe it? Surely not, or they wouldn't be taking the tale to Lenny now. But if they don't believe it, are they nonetheless trying to use that story, or a version thereof, to continue to sign up more suckers for GIN? And if they are doing that, doesn't it make them part of the problem, and doesn't it mean they are people for whom I shouldn't feel as much sympathy as I do some of the rank-and-file members? If anyone knows the answers to any of these questions, please enlighten me.
In any event, I may have been prescient back in December of 2009 when I first wrote about GIN and KT's tall tale about the seekrit brotherhood:
I have to wonder what True-dough will come up with next: perhaps the revelation that he has been receiving coded messages from the Pleiades since he was a child? Or that he discovered a lost tribe of sparkly blue people during his world travels, and they are the ones who truly possess the wisdom of the ages, which they taught to him and him alone? (He can always accuse James Cameron of stealing his idea.) Or maybe the startling confession that when he was in prison in the 1990s, someone slipped him some ancient secret scrolls from the Lemurians who dwell beneath Mount Shasta? (Actually, when he was in prison he did meet a guy, a former cocaine dealer named Jules Lieb, who became a joint-venture partner with him after the two men got out of da joint. Said JV was a company called Nutrition for Life, for which he and Jules were later sued by the State of Illinois for operating an illegal pyramid scheme.)...As it happens, though I didn't know it yet at the time I wrote that post, when KT was in prison he also met Frank R. Wallace, the founder of seekrit-knowledge clearinghouse NouveauTech/NovaTech/Neo-Tech/Neothink/NovusTek.
I'm not sure if KT's alien DNA makes him related to Access Consciousness' humanoids or not, but I'll do some more research and see what I can come up with.
At any rate, things must be desperate in GINland. Here, in four parts, is a video of KT trying to rally the troops to hang in there and help him grow GIN in 2012. Notice how in the first one he mentions smarmy Mark Scamilton, son of Frank Wallace and current head of Neo-Tech. Some speculate that Scamilton is the only GIN affiliate who is actually making lots of money from the deal. And I speculate that True-dough got a lot of his "secret info" stuff from Scamilton's rich archives.
At the end of Part 4 of the vid, KT gets all teary-eyed and emotional as he goes on about the "magnificent responsibility" of GIN membership and tells the members, "I love you guys!" Sociopathy in action, that.
It occurs to me that this video is actually worth an entire blog post in itself, which may be forthcoming, though I won't make promises about when, because I am a little busy right now. That's why I'm trying to get as much stuff crammed into this one post as possible. For now, though, there's this, if you can see it: a chronicle of the emails KT had one of his minions send out to placate the "Precious Platinums" and 'splain why their bonuses and other promised goodies weren't being delivered. Apparently at one point KT sent out a long contract for affiliates to sign -- a contract that they'd never seen before. Presumably, if they didn't sign it they would not get their bonuses, even if the bonuses eventually became available.
Confidentiality & Decorum-Again, my apologies if you can't access the Facebook conversations. But a guy named Bernie O'Mahony has started a public forum for people to share their GIN experiences. It's called gintruth. com.
Attached to this email is a confidentiality agreement. You may also access the agreement by clicking here
You are also bound by the Affiliate and Member Agreements at all times. We take these documents very seriously. Since you are going to be privy to membership revenues and sensitive information that cannot be made public, please read and sign the attached agreement and send it to:
Have I been too hard on KT's victims?
The above-mentioned Abe seems to be a really nice guy. I don't know if he's read all of my KT posts on this blog yet, but he has read some of them. And he wrote to me the other day that while he appreciates the stuff I've written, he thinks I may have been too hard on some of the victims of True-dough's lies. "It can happen to the best of us," he noted. That's true; none of us is immune to being manipulated. I told him that I am trying to learn to be more compassionate.
And I am.
But sometimes compassion is difficult for me, particularly when some of the victims are still greedily gulping the GIN punch while so earnestly and passionately arguing on KT's behalf. And I shake my head when I see how some of them have bought KT's martyr/hero story hook, line, and sinker. True, some are starting to doubt that Brotherhood/seekrit-society stuff. But they're struggling to hold on to the beliefs nonetheless. I saw this convo on Facebook the other day (names have been changed and no links are provided):
TC: If KT was really in the Brotherhood, if it exists, wouldn't he have been killed by the evil cabal members?One can detect the doubts creeping in, the agonizing battle to hang on to the last threads of belief. (By the way, as you may know, imaginary-friends inventors Abe-Hicks, another of my favorite snargets, have been on the recommended reading list for GIN members.) The good news is that, based upon more recent postings, some of the participants in the above exchange now seem to be leaning more heavily towards a skeptical view of KT and GIN. It's a start.
DN: Well, really they rarely kill people. 1st option is to ridicule and spread as much dirt around as possible and discredit the individual so that whatever they have to say won't be accepted by the main stream public. I suppose that if millions and millions around the globe joined GIN, and were actually posing a threat, then yes he would be targeted for assassination.
TC: If what Abraham Hicks teaches is true, wouldn't she [Esther Hicks ~CC] have been killed because KT says the elites do not want us to know our brains are transmitters and receivers of frequency?
DN: As long as it doesn't reach (what might [be] termed) critical mass, then NO she wouldn't. As far as KT is concerned [if he] was able to use mass media like MSNBC, FOX, CNN etc... to reach millions and those millions started to WAKE UP and started using this POWER, then there would be some immediate action. Notice that KT doesn't reveal everything to everyone even in his beloved GIN. This probably is skating along the edge, but I doubt that it will get him killed.
Also... not killing him kind of discredits some of the conpiracy arguements. If they killed him now they risk turning all he has said into a full blown cross country riot.
TC: So DN, I am asking you as someone who is constantly asking questions and someone who wants to learn more, is their really an attraction force with our minds?
DN: Yes definitely. I truly believe that. We are doing it all the time, but just that we discriminate and judge and prejudge and get in our own way of things. We trip ourselves up all the time.
BeamMeUp Scotty: You got it all wrong people don't leave because the benefits are so INCREDIBLE
DN: I never said any such thing Scotty. Where did you get that from?If people leave GIN it is because it is their path to leave, but this is waaay off topic to what is being discussed here. I think
BeamMeUp Scotty: ?"If KT was really in the Brotherhood, if it exists, wouldn't he have been killed by the evil cabal members?" TC post
DN: Oh I see ;) Right. I'd put that fear to rest.
Matty: GIN is one of the BEST things that has ever happened to me. I am so blessed and so are you if you chose to see it! =) Love you everyone
BeamMeUp Scotty: YOU THE MAN MATTY !!!
The bad news is that there are still some very determined GIN cheerleaders. And predictably, they're invading the skeptics' Facebook threads, attempting to discredit them and tell the rest of us what a wonderful experience GIN has been for them, and how much of a hero KT is. Wrote one:
just imagin [sic] what he has had to go through to help so many, if I had to give away millions and live on the street to have his back id [sic] do it in a heartbeat...There's no sense arguing with those folks. But I am heartily encouraged when I see people countering the GIN cheerleaders on the very threads that the latter are trying to hijack. I've been snarking about KT and GIN for years now, but this one comment by a guy named David sums up most of the problems very concisely:
Everything that KT has written or talked about is easily found through research or via the internet, he's the king of Plagiarism, we can all find answers, we can all motivate, there are many open course given by the top universities, we can become autodidacts. The real issue here is the affiliate aspect of GIN. This is not a members owned, Secret Council Driven entity, it is a massive Ponzi Scheme. People were lured into thinking they would be making money, have a successful life of financial freedom. He has persuaded people to buy into higher levels in order to achieve more money and for people to have a chance to enter into an "inner circle" of the GIN Elite. This was done by lies, deception and fraud. So many sheeple would believe this so called "Brotherhood Member", they were seduced by his deception, successful lifestyle and his manipulation of words, He would degrade people for not reaching higher paying levels in GIN...the sounds of a carnival barker, or one of these clowns from these underground religious or secret cults. These seminars were not free, a monthly membership fee was due, Same with the trips or any of the educational materials. The cost to maintain a website and to handle the bandwitdth is really insignificant compared to the money coming in monthly from all the GIN Memberships, the typical MLM company works on a 60% cost of revenue for expenses, overhead, products and services and commission and a 40% profit for the founders. So if there are 100,000 paying monthly members @ $150. per month KT was making $6,000,000.00 per month (40%). Not to include other monies generated from GIN. No one will [ever] know as the laws in Nevis protect him from any US or UK judgements, any lawsuits that anyone would file would have to pay a lot of money for a bond and to retain an attorney, he never has to reveal his books, unless someone can prove drug laundering or acts of terrorism. With every elaborate ponzi scheme when the jig is up it's over for the members,As you may know, GIN is "organized" in Nevis, and more people seem to be waking up to the fact that this was a ploy to keep GIN money in KT's pocket and out of the hands of his victims. Nevis offers many business advantages for oily hucksters.
The real message
I would just love to go on snarking about KT's tall tales, but I have been doing that for years. So for now I'll wrap this up with some profoundly shallow thoughts for all of the newly disillusioned who have jumped ship and are searching for a lifeboat. It's also for the soon-to-be disillusioned. Take this for what it's worth to you, and even if you think it doesn't apply to you, maybe it applies to someone you know.
- Waking up from the GIN delusion and the evil influence of True-dough is a healthy first step, but plotting to form a new version of GIN or a similar networking org is just carrying on the con under a different name and different leadership. You're still not going to get rich trying to talk other people out of money they don't have. Merely forming a group of like-minded people for the purpose of moral support or informal networking isn't evil in and of itself, of course, and it may even be helpful for some. But be extremely careful whom you look to as your "leader" in this new effort, particularly if that person is selling something too. Which brings us to point number 2.
- Some of the higher-ups and KT's former cronies, front men, staff members, and random shills may be good sources of information and juicy gossip about what has really been going on behind the scenes with GIN and KT, but it's a pretty sure bet that they're just out for themselves. (Some of you may be rolling your eyes at my love of stating the obvious.) Though some ex-KT team members seem to be making bold and courageous statements and even baiting KT's lawyers the way they used to try to bait the US gummit, and though they're lapping up all of your thanks and praises for their "heroic" efforts, rest assured that they are also doing whatever necessary to cover their own a$$es. (Besides, as I mentioned in my previous post, if they're as smart as they look, they had to have known that GIN was all a big con a long time ago -- or at the very least they had to have known that the biggest marketing hooks were outright lies. They're singing now mainly because they've been shafted.) They may talk a good game of looking out for your interests, but they're looking out for theirs. No matter how much of a Mr. Nice Guy act they put on, no matter how many virtual "Hugs" they send you on Facebook, no matter how many sappy "I love and respect you, man" bromance lines they lay on you, they are primarily out for themselves, and if they're interested in you at all, it's probably as a name on their mailing list. Perhaps I belabor the point, but maybe it's a point worth belaboring.
- If you think you've been kicked out of or blocked from GIN merely because you called out KT, or just because you asked some long-overdue questions about some of the tall tales used to market GIN, or simply because you asked why a promised bonus is months overdue, so what? Why on Earth would you still want to be in GIN? You can carry on about your First Amendment rights (which legally only apply in the US anyway, and isn't GIN supposed to be an international organization?), but maybe you should consider reframing your battle. Whether you want to talk about the First Amendment or a more globally applicable right to free expression, don't make this about your right to remain in GIN. Don't even make it about your right to protect your downline (see number 1, re carrying on the con). Make it about your general right to educate people on exactly what a lifelong huckster KT is and what a con GIN is. Believe me, I'm not saying that the right to free speech is unimportant. To the contrary: it's the central issue here. Never mind that KT has been misusing and trivializing this very issue all along, and that he has manipulated many already financially strapped folks into contributing to his legal defense fund; free speech is an issue that concerns anyone who has ever spoken out about a scam or a scammer.
- More than likely, no one is going to get the moneys KT owes him or her, but if anyone does, you're probably WAY down on the priority list -- even if you're a triple platinum affiliate or Level 12 muckety-muck or whatever. You're way down there after his lawyers, after the US government, and MAYBE after a select few who have enough inside dirt on him to put him away for even longer than he's afraid he'll be put away (according to more scuttlebuttish stuff from Lenny and from Kevin's brother Bob). This doesn't mean you should give up on your efforts to legally and ethically get any money owed to you, just that you should probably do so with "managed expectations," as a friend of mine recently put it. But think of it like this: The lessons you learned the hard way -- if you take them to heart and use them to help others avoid the same mistakes you made -- are priceless.
More True-dough on this Whirled:
- May 2012: Does a canary with a GIN hangover sing as sweetly?
- April 2012: Viva Lost Wages: Sin City Become GIN City for a weekend
- February 2012: A. Rose by any other name would shill as sweet
- December 2011: True-dough updates: Bad poetry for KT, hate mail for CC
- November 2011: A jumpsuit for Jimmy
- August 2011: First Amendment Stuporhero
- August 2011: Calling all lazy men: let's build a pyramid together!
- August 2011: Everything old is Nouveau again (or, Neo-scam by any other name), Part 1 of 2
- June 2011: Holy Guacamole! True-dough's racist rants
- June 2011: For he's a jolly good felon: True-dough speaks out for Death Ray
- December 2009: Illuminutty: the secret brotherhood of the chronically gullible
- November 2009: How to take over the world
- July 2009: Horse farts and related matters
- January 2009: Mr. Fire meets up with true dough
to help keep this Whirled spinning.
Click here to donate via PayPal or debit/credit card.
If that link doesn't work, send PayPal payment directly to
or to firstname.lastname@example.org
If PayPal, be sure to specify that your contribution is a gift. Thank you!