Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor daze

Just a few odds and ends as this Labor Day winds down...

Hurricane Diva tackles Felix
As followers of this blog might have expected, Lynn Marks, aka Spirit Diva, channeler of hurricanes, will be leading special prayers and meditations to tame Hurricane Felix. Felix is a Cat 5 storm as I write this. Spirit Diva just sent out an email announcing her newest project and reviewing past successes:

For those who haven't participated with us in the past, please know that our meditations, along with countless others, make a difference. We have successfully participated in prayer and meditation events to transform the path and intensity of several hurricanes and typoons [sic] in the past couple of years, including Dean last month as well as Ivan, Jeanne, Frances, Rita, Wilma and Alberto. We've seen them shift direction and decrease enegy [sic] within minutes of competing [sic] our meditations. We can do it again.

Yep, SD, great work with Rita and Wilma, two of the most devastating hurricanes (after Katrina) in recent years. Oh, I know: it would have been much worse without your efforts. The first Felix meditation is... well, tonight (which is tomorrow already, for those of you in Other Parts of the World). In fact, it has just begun as I am publishing this post.

Gabriel of Urantia (née Sedona): another side
In the past I've written about Gabriel of Urantia, the artist and spiritual community leader formerly known as Gabriel of Sedona. A couple of his followers have taken issue with what I have written. One who has written to me a few times thought, among other things, that it was unfair of me to quote Gabriel as saying, "I am the mandated ruler of the world. Everything I do is justified."

This person says he has known Gabriel for over eleven years and has never heard him say anything remotely like that. I have no way of knowing if the quotation is accurate or not, but I got it directly from an article I found on the Rick Ross site, written by several unnamed former members of Gabriel's Aquarian Concept Community.

Gabriel's follower also thought I erred a bit on the snide side in my assessment of Gabriel's singing voice, and suggested that perhaps at the very least I could take that bit down. It is not my habit, however, to rewrite blog posts to suit the tastes of other people. On the other hand, I am always more than willing to present opinions from "the other side," and to correct factual errors when I make them.

But as for my humor, I do not always err on the side of kindness, although some who know the backstory of some of my posts are very aware that there are times I have exercised great restraint here. However, as I explained to Gabriel's follower (who has been very polite and thoughtful in his emails), I am simply not willing at this point to completely relinquish my sarcastic ways.

I did, however, think it only fair to say that in this person's experience, Gabriel of Urantia, née Sedona, has never made grandiose statements such as those quoted above.
 

Tapping and yapping
More and more folks these days are getting into EFT tapping. This is not to be confused with the sort of tapping practiced by the unfortunate Senator Larry Craig.


Anyway, there's a great new EFT tapping video on YouTube. Here is Cosmic Connie's Capsule Summary:
[Opening credits appear on a couple of laser-printer labels plastered on coffee mug.]
Disheveled man in pajamas sits down in front of camera, gives a big hammy fake yawn, and says, "Good morning!"
Man puts on glasses, and in short order begins tapping and yapping.
This goes on for several minutes.

Tap tap tap. Yap yap yap.

Tap tap tap. Yap yap yap.

Tap tap tap. Yap yap yap.

Tap, tap tap....

And so forth.
Man finally decides he has tapped and yapped sufficiently to give himself and viewers a fantastic day.
"Okay, take a deep breath. Now go out and have a fantastic day."
But don't take my word for it. Here's the link.

The man in the video is Brad Yates, who along with Joe "Mr. Fire" Vitale is selling an ancient quantum tapping system that will give you breathtaking wealth and abundance, or you don't pay a penny.

Tap, tap, tap!

Just be careful where you do it.

No comments: