Monday, February 19, 2007

Boy, was I put in my place (not)

Apparently I have royally ticked off a fan of the Sri Lankan guru Tilak (pictured here with one of his most faithful followers). Today I received a response to a post I wrote last November about Tilak and some of his followers. Until today, I'd received not one comment in response to that post, although Jody at Gurphiliac mentioned it on his blog.

I've chosen not to publish today's comment exactly as sent, because I am trying to maintain a certain decorum on this blog. On the other hand, I really hate being a total censor, so I will present an edited version.

The person wrote, "What do I think of you? Um....yer a dumb [expletive that rhymes with runt]? Yep, that about sums er up."

And that was the message in its entirety.

Wow. What an incisive, persuasive argument, from an obviously enlightened person.

Nevertheless, I consider this comment to be a gift. People such as the one quoted above do more harm for the New Age/New Wage culture than my silly little blog ever could.

At any rate, fellow bloggers, in case you're not already convinced, this is yet another illustration of why it is a good idea to moderate your blog.

PS - I probably don't even need to add this, but thought I'd mention that the commenter paraphrased above wrote anonymously, as do the overwhelming majority of my critics.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tilak appears blue in this photograph. Could he be Krishna? And if so, won't God kick yer butt? :)

Cosmic Connie said...

Actually, Tilak was originally more brownish. But I did a cheap trick with the photo called "swap red and blue." So hopefully I didn't offend either God or Krishna. :-)

Anonymous said...

oh, i also have some things i can say about tilak... geezz... what a creep.

i feel so sorry for people who believe this guy. i used to live in sedona, az where someone sponsored him to come there. geez, its like the Capital of Charletons and Satscam! Totally!

and, i'm saying this out of a real passion for integrity and real truth.... i have been involved in the healing arts, or whatever you want to call it, since i was a child and i jus happened upon the "new age" crowd by way of my own work in the world. and i just can't stand it. where are the brains in these people? gosh, its worse than people who go to be in the military because they don't know what else to do. (sorry if that offends people).

oh, back to tilak.

womanizer, lyer, charmer for his own purposes... the list goes on. just beyond creepy and needing of real help himself.

i just dont get how people support and promote this guy. weird.

we humans need so much help but not from this guy.

how we're ever gonna grow up, i don't know but i'm working on it myself. that's about all i know.

S

Cosmic Connie said...

I'm still working on growing up too, Sarah. But the fact that educated, reasonably intelligent adults (mostly women) are still falling all over Tilak is really pretty scary.

And what's also scary but somewhat amusing is that Tilak is apparently having a love affair with Rhonda Byrne, the creator and producer of "The Secret" (see my Feb. 27 post).

Anyway, thank for your input!

Anonymous said...

ive met tilak in los angeles
circa 1988 and much later...hes a scam
and wants his $$$ in cash !!!!

Cosmic Connie said...

And yet people are still following him. I wonder how he'll come through the fallout from the current investigations...