Friday, December 08, 2006

Another fragmented Friday

Just a few potshots and then I’m off to take care of business...

How it’s going "down there"
Here’s the latest from Extreme Lightworker
Bryan James, who is working with "Chakra Queen" Shondra Burt and Mary, Mother of God to rescue 50 million lost souls from the Nether Regions:*

As of 12/4/06, about 90% have shown some movement (45 million), 85% (42.5 million) have opened their eyes, 15% are walking around with some help (7.5 million) and 1% without assistance (500K). More are starting to ask questions (5 million) such as "Who am I?", "Where am I?", "What is this place?" and "Why am I here?", and 125K are now starting to regain cognitive ability.

Meanwhile, this just in: More and more people on Bryan’s email list are losing cognitive ability, a necessary sacrifice in order to maintain balance in the Universe. Above-ground volunteers are still needed to help with the Nether Worlds project – no experience necessary, cognitive ability not required. Contact Bryan at the Circle of Lights web site for more info.

Who’s in charge now
In the email with the Nether Worlds Project progress report came this stunning announcement:

Divine Mother has NOW officially accepted dominion over the Earth
As of 12/4/06, The Holy Mother has officially taken dominion over the Earth, and will work with the Hosts of Heaven to implement changes that the people of Earth request as part of restoring the planet and leading her to ascension. Lightworkers should make their requests for changes through the appropriate officials as necessary. Remember, changes require our ‘permission’ before the Holy Ones can intervene in our society. The following Ascended Beings are now taking charge of, and will hear requests for changes in all aspects of world society:
Business and Commerce –
El Morya [sic], in cooperation with Cosmic Connie, who has been appointed Monetary Unit Queen of the Planet. Please send as much of your monetary units as you can afford (US dollars only), to Connie, care of her blog**
Education
Melchizedek
Environment
Lady Athena
Government
St. Germaine***
Heath (sic)
White Buffalo Calf Women****
Religion
Maitrya [sic] Buddha

But remember, Mary’s in charge of it all. Go, Holy Mama! (That's El Moyra's mug on the blog today, by the way. I think someone ought to introduce him to Saint Germain, if you know what I mean. Of course Germain's pal, the drag queen Violet Flame, might get jealous...)

A tranny in The Secret?
I was looking at the list of "teachers" in the cult infomercial
The Secret, and was struck by the description of the Rev. Doctor Michael Beckwith, D.D., whose profession is listed as "Visionary." The RevDoc was one of the guests on Part 1 of Larry King’s promotional piece for The Secret. On his November 6 SHAMblog post, Steve Salerno described Beckwith's appearance on the Larry King show as "surreally weird," musing that "in dress, speech, mannerisms and overall demeanor [he] looked as if his birth-name might really be Zormak From The Planet Woosabi-6."

Actually, I kind of like the RevDoc's dreadlocks, and besides, the guy obviously has a good heart. Twenty years ago he founded the Agape International Spiritual Center, described on the web site as a community "whose doors are open to all seekers in search of authentic spirituality, personal transformation and selfless service to humankind."

But it was Dr. Beckwith’s description on The Secret web site that intrigued me. He is listed there as "a non-aligned, trans-religious progressive." Now, "progressive" I understand – well, at least I think I do – but I am puzzled by the other terms. Trans-religious, for example. Does this mean he had a surgical procedure to change his religion? And non-aligned – does this mean his chakras are out of balance, or that he is not in sync with the Earth’s magnetic fields? However non-aligned he might be, and, for that matter, whatever planet he's from, he certainly seems to be in sync with the money stream.

All together now: "He’s just a sweet trans-religious from"….nah, doesn’t quite have the same ring to it.*****

Overused and much abused, continued
Is it just me, or are journalists using the word "iconic" way too much these days? Would that be merely to make them sound intelligent, or does it really mean something?

And then there's, "Having said that," or "That said, however..." Wouldn’t a simple "but" or "however" or even "on the other hand" be sufficient, at least once in a while? Having said that, I realize that people sometimes just have a deep need to sound more thoughtful than they really are. Good Goddess, I could be one of those very people.

And... memo to all sitcom writers: "Not so much" is not so much clever any more as it is overused to the point of obnoxiousness. It isn't remotely cute, although I have been known to use it and probably will again, though not so much as others who make their living writing comedy and often have to fall back on the overused crap when they run out of ideas.

I know, of course, I have my own writing quirks and overused phrases. For example, if I use the terms, "In any event" or "In any case" or "At any rate" one more time, I’m going to have to give myself a serious talking-to. And I'm sure Whirled Musings is littered with other overused phrases. But then again, this blog is informal, off-the-top-of-my-head writing, usually executed in a great hurry – in other words, not the kind of writing I do in my day job.

Or maybe I'm just lazy.

PS – I also realize that I’m often snarky on this blog. But it’s only because I am using WM as a tool to help me embrace my inner bitch…I mean, my shadow self. And so off I go, chasing my shadow out of this little room and into the big bright day. But I’ll be back snarking again just as soon as I can.

* I wouldn't trust that Nether Regions link if I were you.
**Okay, I made the Cosmic Connie part up. But if the spirit so moves you…
*** Actually the preferred spelling is St. Germain. Unless Bryan is talking about Saint Germaine Cousin.
**** I am not sure if Bryan intended this ("Buffalo Women") to be plural or if he just has a really bad proofreader.
***** In regard to RevDoc Beckworth's bizarre appearance, however, we would do well to remember the immortal words of Dr. Frank-n-Furter: "Don't get strung out, by the way I look / Don't judge a book by its cover..."

No comments: