Monday, March 07, 2011

The movie ACCESS doesn't want you to see

click on pic for enlargement

It's a busy Monday for your hostess, Dear Ones, so I don't really have as much time as I would like to have to conclude my celebration of Access Consciousness' four-day adventure in the Bayou City of Houston, Texas, USA. Today is the last day of the cultish sex-and-money org's constellation of events at Houston's Hotel Indigo. I began my Whirled celebration on Friday, and continued it on Saturday (with a PS added on Sunday).

And though I really do have so much more to write, Real Work intrudes. Don't cry for me; it's an intrusion I always welcome. But I did want to share news of an upcoming movie with you. It's the true tail of the magick that ensues when a failed-real-estate-broker-and-antiques-dealer-turned-channeler-and-con-artist adopts a failed chiropractor who is on the verge of suicide. In the years that follow, the chiro helps drag the old con man's shtick to giddy new levels of
smarm and sleaze worldwide success, becoming a sex star in his own write. Yet Smarmaduke's story is not without its moments of poignancy, such as his failed effort to get a show on Oprah's network, or his total inability to maintain a MySpace page (he started one here and here but apparently got sidetracked. At least there's a profile pic in the second link; judging from the background, it looks as if was snapped at an Access workshop, but of course I could be wrong).

The movie is not rated.

The Access events wrap up today in my former fair city, but the old con artist will be back June 18-20, 2011 with an Advanced Body Class. Meanwhile, there's bound to be an Access workshop coming soon to a venue near you. Prices vary, but remember, kids under 16 always fly free. Whoopee!

More later, when I have more time.


* * * * *
Now more than ever, your donation is needed
to help keep this Whirled spinning.
Click here to donate via PayPal or debit/credit card.
If that link doesn't work, send PayPal payment directly to

scrivener66@hotmail.com
or to
cosmic.connie@juno.com
If PayPal, be sure to specify that your contribution is a gift. Thank you!

5 comments:

kyra said...

Ooo, it's not rated! Thank God. I finally get to see Dain Heer with his shirt off (and judging by the poster, possibly more)! I don't know, though. I never like those movies where the main character turns into a dog and spends the rest of the movie trying to break the evil spell that's on him. I'm assuming Rasputin puts the spell on him, and Gary has to find a way to get rid of it. What a jam these two clowns have gotten themselves into!

Brilliant work. Reminds me of an "ad" you did for Marianne Williamson with your review of A Course in Weight Loss, as inspired by Jesus Christ...I mean Helen Schucman...no wait, I mean Oprah Winfrey...

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks, Kyra! But the movie is all about how the old con artist and young Smarmaduke put evil spells on their followers. Rasputin doesn't make an appearance until the prequel, due out next year.

kyra said...

Woah! Woah! Spoiler alert!

Anonymous said...

Can I see it on Netflix? Lmao. You and Kyra should do a spoof on all these new wage snake oil cons.

~Anon

Anonymous said...

No news from your sources on jailbird killer James Ray ?

~Anon