Friday, March 30, 2007

Cosmic Connie is on CSI

No, not that CSI, although The Rev and I are big fans of the show in its various incarnations.*

No, this CSI is the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry, formerly CSICOP, publishers of Skeptical Inquirer. A few months ago I rattled their cage and was asked to write a piece about my experiences with The Secret fans on my blog. It turned out to be a little long-winded for the magazine (I had my head up my you-know-what and neglected to read their author guidelines), but a condensed version has just been put up on the CSI web site. It’s still long, but believe me, it’s not as long as it was. Click here to read.

You will notice that my picture in the author bio section is not blue. That, I believe, is because the lighting is better on the CSI web site. I think that is the light of reason.

And if you like the free articles on the CSI site, you don’t need to send me or them an Amazon gift certificate. Instead, why not subscribe to Skeptical Inquirer? In fact, why not take out multiple subscriptions, and place a copy in every healthcare practitioner’s waiting room where you see a copy of Oprah’s magazine? Just for the fun of it.

* Except we don’t much care for CSI Miami star David Caruso and his soft-spoken, head-tilting delivery of every line. I don't care what Parade Magazine's pop-culture expert "Walter Scott" says; that's not acting, it's affectation. However, we do love the other stars of the show; I'm kind of partial to Adam Rodriguez myself, and I must say The Rev does have an interesting fantasy involving Emily Proctor and me…oh, wait, this isn’t that kind of blog.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl!!!

Congratulations on an excellent article.

You look great on my blog too :-)
http://www.you-unplugged.com/blog

Lana

Cosmic Connie said...

Thank you for the support, Lana, and for the plug too!

Actually, I'm striving to be Indigo, but I don't think I'll make it in this lifetime. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your article published on the CSI site.

It's very well done!

Oh, and thank you the Emily Proctor picture. Turns out the Rev isn't the only one with the hots for her. Yowza!

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks for the compliment, Blair!

And just between you and me (well, The Rev knows it too), I think Emily's really cute too.

But I do hope you're not going to do anything with her that would make Halle jealous. :-)

RevRon's Rants said...

Sure hope she reads your blog, Connie!!

BTW - The article was fantastic. And I'm not biased at all!!

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks for the compliment on the article, Ron!

And, Emily, if you are reading this, you are cordially invited to dinner at our house. We promise not to publish the pictures. :-)

Bob Collier said...

Hi, Connie

An excellent article. Will definitely add a link to it on my information page.

Your blog is a feast of enlightenment! Thank you for everything I've learned here about The Secret.

Bob

Calista McKnight said...

Connie,

That was one of the best in-depth reviews of The Secret I've read so far.

I've linked to it on my main site.

Congratulations!

By the way, I just LOVE that photo of you!

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks very much, Calista! I really appreciate the support, and I appreciate your site too.

Cosmic Connie said...

Hey, Bob, thanks for the compliment. I only just now published your comment because I only found it today (April 1). For some reason it didn't go through the normal channel but it was on my "dashboard" on Blogger.

Anyway, I do appreciate the support and hope you'll keep coming back. I'm getting ready to serve up another feast today. It may not be a feast of enlightenment...but maybe it'll be "enlightenment lite." :-)

Anonymous said...

Great article, Connie. Way to pick apart the charlatains.

-Berlzebub

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks, Berlz! And it's good to see ya here.

RockitQueen said...

I was really soured when they killed off Rory...I'm all about the Rory.

Congrats on this awesome article, grrl!

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks, RQ! :-)