Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank you

I've used the above picture on a previous post here, but I'm using it again because...well...I think it pretty much says it all. It's a nod not only to my favorite scene in one of my very favorite movies of all times, Joe Versus The Volcano (which celebrates its 20th anniversary next year), but also to what I think Thanksgiving Day is all about. And even if you don't happen to live in a country that celebrates the holiday, I hope you always find something to be thankful about. And I want you to know that I am truly thankful for each and every one of you– those who love this blog, and, yes, even those who aren't so fond of it. (And I think some of you who aren't so fond should be thankful for me as well. You're getting a lot of free lessons in marketing and other matters on this Whirled.) I'll be back to snarky mode in short order, but I'm taking a little time off from that...just for today.

PS ~ One of the things I'm thankful for is that I've recently made a new friend, Martha Finney, who believes Joe Versus The Volcano is "the most underrated and underappreciated and misunderstood movie of all time." Visit her web site and read her blogs. And, oh, yeah, watch Joe Versus The Volcano.

6 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

I especially like the Finney blog on job clubs (advice: don't go to them!), and the one on networking (lesson: nobody's a natural networker).

Will admit that I had her confused with the author of the Elsie books, whose name is Martha FINLEY.

Loving all the Thanksgiving posts/threads. This holiday brings out the best in Americans.

Cosmic Connie said...

Yes, Adelaide, I think Martha has a lot of great advice, which is particularly valuable now.

Thanksgiving does bring out some pretty neat stuff, doesn't it?

Thanks for your comments!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Because of the global financial crisis and recession in general?

Here is another good link which you might just enjoy. It's about the opposite of the Thanksgiving concept.

Not that Stu isn't grateful, but.

Thanks but no thanks

Anonymous said...

FollowingthelinktoyourcosmicreliefthenfollowingthelinktothebadpoetrythenfolowingthelinktothecoffeeshoptimesIfoundthatthereisnowevenmorereallystupidpoetry.It'sgoodandwhydoweneedspacesanyhooConnie?

Anonymous said...

OK, not too keen on that, Connie.
What about this old favourite?
http://dreamingbear.net/multimedia.html

Term paperq said...

Thanks for sharing. i love that Movie.Don't have anything special to say. Just wanted to tell you I really enjoy the stories you find.