Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The excess of ACCESS

Monday on SHAMblog, Steve Salerno began his series of "collateral-damage" self-help stories. Or perhaps I should say, "selfish-help" stories. All too often, people who become immersed in SHAM/New-Age/New-Wage paths get so absorbed in their own quest for personal fulfillment that they neglect and sometimes abandon their spouses, their children, their responsibilities. Not only are bank accounts depleted; that's just the beginning. Often marriages are wrecked, families are torn apart, lives are ruined. Irreparable harm may be done not just to the original follower or student or trainee of the SHAM method of choice, but also to his or her loved ones – hence, "collateral damage." This is a "dark side" of this subculture – a side that, as you’ve probably observed, I normally don’t get into on this blog, preferring instead to focus on the silly aspects.

Even so, I am eagerly following Steve’s new series.

Though I’m one of the designated class clowns of the anti-New-Wage movement, I am not completely isolated from the "dark side." For example, a couple of days after I wrote a smart-alecky post about a vacuous-sounding phenomenon known as ACCESS Energy Transformation, I received an email from someone whose spouse has recently become involved in ACCESS. The person who wrote to me was devastated, claiming that Gary Douglas, founder of ACCESS, had advised the spouse that "marriage is a four-letter word." The spouse was also allegedly told to begin having sex with new people in order to "learn more." My correspondent added, "He [Douglas] is now starting my two young kids [in ACCESS] and I am very scared and upset…"

Needless to say, I sympathize with this person, especially if the kids are being recruited into ACCESS as well. And that may very well be the case. 

According to the ACCESS Kids page on the web site, "Kids come for free to all Access classes until age 16 because they are willing to change." The ACCESS folks are currently offering a class called "X-Men: ACCESSing Conscious Children." Hmm… I wonder if they’re violating a copyright or two with that X-Men thing? Food for thought… Anyway, here’s what the blurb says:
One of our targets is to start Access Schools. The children coming in now are far more willing to be aware, they are more willing to change and have a different reality. What if we acknowledged the consciousness of the children? What if all the "labels" of disabilities such as OCD, Autism, ADD etc are actually talents and abilities? What if we acknowledged our kids for what they know? What if they were more physic (sic) than we have been willing to admit? What would it take to expand yours and their awareness of what else is possible? This truly is a unique class where we will offer tools to assist you in changing the way things are. It’s important for children to be able to access their abilities.
ACCESS schools? Now, that’s a truly frightening thought. And notice how the copy is structured to appeal to those who believe in the existence of Indigo children. (For the uninitiated, "Indigo child" is, more often than not, New-Wage code for "spoiled, obstreperous brat.")

As for ACCESS’s message that marriage is a four-letter word, that may be a matter of interpretation on my correspondent’s part, but, as I wrote to this person, the whole ACCESS spiel strikes me as being irresponsible at best in its approach to intimate relationships. Some of the classes – and much of the philosophy, as expressed through the founders and the attendees of the workshops and demo sessions – seem to encourage abject selfishness and even promiscuity. There is, for instance, the "intensive" class called "Truth of Sex," based upon a book by Gary Douglas and his cohort Dain Heer. That book is titled, Sex Is Not a Four Letter Word, But Relationship Often Times Is – a faintly clever (if somewhat cumbersome) title, and harmless enough in and of itself. But there’s no telling what they teach in the class. I did get the distinct impression, as I noted on my piece the other day, that ACCESS is very much about sex.

I realize, of course, that I am hearing this story only from my correspondent’s perspective and not from that of the errant spouse or, for that matter, from Gary Douglas. Still, knowing what I know about ACCESS, the story seems entirely plausible. Despite my compassion for my correspondent’s plight, however, I really could not offer much assistance, other than to provide a sympathetic ear and a link to the Rick A. Ross Institute, one of the best resources for information about cults and controversial groups and movements.

On a slightly lighter note, we have the story of a woman who was bilked by an "ACCESSory" (as ACCESS folk sometimes call themselves), but seems to have survived with her sense of humor intact, and was even able to get a small measure of revenge. On condition of anonymity she gave me permission to share her story.
Dear Cosmic Connie,
Once again, I thank you for bringing to light the bulls--t that is called ACCESS. I have been a victim of that scam because the ACCESSory that I consulted with happened to also be a lover (well, ex-lover) of mine. And I fell for him, hook, line, and sinker. I wanted to look for a better way to manage my bipolar disorder besides taking harmful pharmaceuticals. (Hey, that’s how Rhonda Byrne
started believing that she could change her world – with thoughts, right?)

It IS true that ACCESS does put a heavy emphasis on sex. I know this because usually after an ACCESS "session", I'd ended up sleeping with him. He used that whole Rasputin-esque* swagger to lure me into his bed. I personally didn't object to the bed games, but when my wallet started becoming lighter, I thought, "Wait a second.....he's like a high-end earth crunchy New Wage gigolo."
When I was getting sick of the ACCESS sessions and [the ACCESSory] kept asking for $50 per session (which isn't as horrid as $125 per session, but then again I'm a struggling art student), I decided that after I had written a $50 check to him, I decided to cancel it as soon as I realized my mistake. Of course, that ACCESSory went apes--t when his money didn't go through....
Also, I was starting to really dig him and then coming to the harsh conclusion that he was manipulating me sexually to his own whim. (This also happened to me in the past at the hands of an ex-boyfriend, a hypno the-rapist who specialized in NLP.)
So he tried sending me "friendly" phone calls (always from private numbers), and I'd hang up on him. Then [he] texted me "Fine, continue feeling pathetic."
Sadly, I am $150 short. Luckily it hasn't affected me too much since it's summer break, but DAMN, I hate being ripped off in any fashion!!

I do not mind you sharing this story, in fact........I want EVERYONE to know this story, maybe it can be Google bombed to the #1 hit in a search engine. ACCESS is a f-----g fraud and it's the most severe since it IS under the radar of many die-hard skeptics and the like. A "bar" reading
is just a ploy to get laid and take someone's money!!!
Arm everyone with knowledge!!!!
Not too long after sending me this email, my correspondent wrote me another one describing how she pranked her ACCESSory ex.
Dear Cosmic Connie,
I just recently did an IM [instant-messaging] prank on the guy who was doing the ACCESS. Basically, I had an IM bot pose as my fiancé and get real huffy on that guy. I didn't save the actual conversation, but the ACCESSory did call me and say, "This isn't funny!"

THEN [the ACCESSory] IMs me:
ACCESSORY: please stop all contact with me. i would really appreciate it
ME: give me my money back.
I KNOW you scammed me.
I told my fiancé EVERYTHING, and he is f-----g pissed.
ACCESSORY: That's not what someone with a supposed good nature would do.
i didnt scam you. the energy work we did together helped you a lot. whether you know it or not.
ME: No, that novelty wore off when my bank account was dry
ACCESSORY: you can think whatever you want
ME: You manipulated me
ACCESSORY: and you had the choice to do whatever you want.
and tell your fiancé if he has anything to say, he can call me
other than that, please delete me from your life
ME: you're already dead to me, so HAH
Notice how the ACCESSory argues that the "energy work" he and my correspondent "did together" was beneficial. He seems to be saying that she’s just too unenlightened, or simply too lacking in awareness, to realize how much it helped her.

I am not trying to portray my correspondent as an utterly innocent victim who had no choice in the matter, and she doesn’t appear to be making that claim either. To an extent, the ACCESSory is right; she did make choices. And, while losing $150.00 is a tough lesson, it certainly could have been much worse. She didn’t lose thousands of dollars, or, worse, her spouse or her family or her life. Still, if the story unfolded as she describes, it seems that her ACCESSory friend was manipulative and that he took advantage of her vulnerability. (Back in the day when I was hanging around New-Agers, I encountered quite a few guys who operated very much like this one, so her story sounds very plausible.)

Some might say that attempting to manage a serious health condition such as bipolar disorder with something like ACCESS is foolhardy at best, and they would point this out as an object lesson in the hazards of "alt-med" and the like. That’s a discussion for another day; all I'll say now, though some skeptics and critical thinkers will disagree with me on this matter, is that I honestly can’t fault someone for wanting to at least explore non-pharmaceutical or non-traditional methods. I think we can all agree, however, that ACCESS was clearly not the answer to this woman’s problems. And if the ACCESSory tried to lead her to believe it was the answer, shame on him.

Equally important, if not more so, her story is one that has been repeated time and again – not just with ACCESS, of course, but with countless other cults and cult-like groups. In the endless quest for self-gratification, the leaders and practitioners of these "paths" or "technologies" or "ways of life" all seem to resort to the same basic types of subterfuge. They are skilled manipulators, and words are their tools and their weapons. Whether they’re after money or sex or both, they couch their selfish desires in lofty, nebulous language, perhaps throwing a proprietary bit of pseudo-scientific or pseudo-spiritual lingo into the mix to make themselves sound advanced and evolved – and to confuse or intimidate their prey. I'm not saying that everyone who becomes involved in ACCESS is either a victimizer or a victim. But ACCESS, with its nonsensical mantras, "hands-on techniques," and the apparent focus on sex and body issues, does seem tailor-made for today's New-Wage predator.

As I’ve noted before, ACCESS is not really much more than a blip on the skeptics’ radar. With the exception of the brief description that I first saw on Quackwatch and have since seen on a few other sites as well, there’s little critical buzz about it. Most people haven’t even heard of it. Heck, I hadn’t heard of it myself until recently. ACCESS founder Gary Douglas is a former Scientology member, and some of the elements of ACCESS are clearly borrowed from Scientology, notwithstanding Gary’s claims about having "channeled" the information back in the early 1990s. But ACCESS has yet to achieve a fraction of the notoriety – or the membership – that Scientology has gained over the past few decades. According to a non-article on Wikipedia (follow the link and you’ll see what I mean by "non-article"), there are less than a thousand serious practitioners worldwide.

Yet ACCESS has quite a web presence, and there are numerous active groups in the US and Down Under; one can see its growth potential – not to mention its potential for doing real damage. Thanks to ACCESS, my second correspondent lost $150.00 and, perhaps, a bit of her faith in people. My first one may very well lose a spouse and kids.

So I’m keeping my eye on ACCESS. And, as usual, I’m open to hearing feedback, both pro and con.

* The allusion to Rasputin is relevant because supposedly Rasputin originally helped channel the ACCESS information to Gary Douglas back in the early 1990s.

PS ~ In honor of the subject of Steve Salerno’s first "horror story" – the tale of a follower of pop-spirituality guru Marianne Williamson, who popularized A Course In Miracles – here’s a recycled bit from my BLP (book-like product), Cosmic Relief. This was done back in the day when I had only vector clip art to work with, so it’s a bit crude… but it gets the point across. And though it's fifteen years old, it's really not all that outdated. (Click on the pic to access a larger and more readable version.)


* * * * *
Now more than ever, your donation is needed
to help keep this Whirled spinning.
Click here to donate via PayPal or debit/credit card.
If that link doesn't work, send PayPal payment directly to

scrivener66@hotmail.com
or to
cosmic.connie@juno.com
If PayPal, be sure to specify that your contribution is a gift. Thank you!

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for putting up my horror story!!! Yeah, I do feel kinda bad for buying into it (initially), but it could have been A LOT worse. I myself could completely fall under this ACCESSory's spell and let him take all that precious starving art student funds (or lack thereof) that I have, or he could make me alienate my family and friends.

And another update on the ACCESSory: I confronted him again about him manipulating me to his will, and he still denies that fact. He even insisted on severing any communication ties with me. Of course, that won't last since he wants my "friendship". Which I think is New Wagey ACCESS-speak for "I want to get in your pants and take your money."

Sigh.

Cosmic Connie said...

You're welcome, Id, and thank you again for alerting me to ACCESS. Probably the best thing to do at this point would be to let the guy go on his way. Obviously he is not going to concede that he manipulated you, especially if he has a big stake in his ACCESS beliefs, which he may very well have. To you and me (and probably most people reading this story), it appears that he's using ACCESS to rationalize his behavior, but it may be that at this point his entire sense of self is defined by ACCESS beliefs (such as they are). In other words, the dude may very well believe his own b.s. by now, to the point that he's buried under it. If so, good luck excavating him from that heaping pile. Really, it's not worth your time and energy. You'll just end up getting more of the crap on yourself.

It would be one thing if y'all could just have a good "friends-with-benefits" relationship (and I'm writing this on the assumption that he, like you, is single). But when the benefits involve you giving him money, forget about it. Find other friends. (I know, that's easier said than done sometimes.)

Anyway, stick around here. It might be good therapy, and it doesn't cost a penny. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thinking about the ACCESS bull that is out there in the Intarwebs makes me think that Anton LaVey's Church of Satan has more real saliency. And I'm serious.

I'd take "Satanism" (because actually LaVey made this church as a PR stunt) over ACCESS anytime!!!

Cosmic Connie said...

LOL... good point, Id.

Anonymous said...

Connie

I am going through a de-brain washing experience that is a painful process. My story starts with a family and career and ends with me sitting here alone broke and two beautiful children and an ex-husband that are two thousand miles away.

I was told about your site by one of your fans so I could see that I am not alone. I wish to thank you for this.

You wrote about this con man named Tilak in an earlier blog. He is the reason for my current situation I unfortunately lost many thousands is cash value but the biggest loss was the respect of my young boys and my Husband/father. Tilak also has accessory types hanging around. My experience with his Hollywood hairdresser (accessory) that sounds so similar to this ladies experience that caught my attention and pushed me to write.

I do not know for a fact that reading your site earlier would have kept me from being coned by Tilak but at least I believe I would have come to my senses sooner.
Any way I also love your bit on the “secret”. I can say that I owe Ronda Burns some kudos because if Tilak had not made such an ass of himself during their short fling I may not have seen him for the awful person he really is.

Cosmic Connie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Anon, painful as it may be. Actually, some of what I've read of Tilak's stuff sounds a lot like ACCESS: basically nonsense with a pseudo-spiritual veneer.

When you're in a state of vulnerability it's easy to get taken by con artists -- and the really good ones can take people who aren't necessarily that vulnerable. It could happen to just about anyone.

I hope you and your family can eventually work things out. Meanwhile, keep coming back here. And you might also pop on over to Steve Salerno's blog; right now he's doing a series on people who have been the victims of "second-hand" self-help -- e.g., the spouses and children and other loved ones and friends of people who have gone off the deep end. Maybe you can participate in some of the discussions there. You seem to be a person who is aware of the harm this stuff can do not only to followers, but also to their families.

And I guess Rhonda Byrne did do the world a favor by getting involved with Tilak; his con artistry seemed to really come to light (so to speak) partly as a result of his brief involvement with her.

Thanks again for writing; I hope you'll keep in touch.

Citizen Deux said...

There are some very sad stories circulating. Being in the midst of one, I sympathize with those writing in to you and Steve. I do think there is a strong cultural trend which stated in the 60s and continues today that is contributing to more vulnerability among people rather than more self reliance.

Cosmic Connie said...

CD, I think you're right about the legacy of the 60s. Like most decades, that legacy is both good and bad. On the one hand there were needed social reforms, but on the other... well, as I've touched on more than once on my blog, the New Age is partially an outgrowth of the flower children (though it also has roots in Victorian-era spiritualism). I think the ideals of peace and freedom and happiness were actually noble ones, but when I look at the big picture of what the Age of Aquarius has wrought, I see not only humorous or silly things, but also, as you said, sad stories.

But I hope yours has a happy ending.

Anonymous said...

I completely forgot to mention that most ACCESSories believe that love, marriage, and relationships are evil four-letter words. Could that possibly mean that ACCESSories inadvertently promote the spread of various STDs, since multiple partners are encouraged in marriages?

Such experimentation is OK when you're young and naive, but when you're settled and married? I don't know....

With that in mind, I am considering a membership in LaVey's Church of Satan. *lol*
At least those people are much saner than any New Wager in this universe, plus I get to hang out in the "Black House" in San Francisco. Sane minded people embracing darkness and shunning ignorance in a Northern California setting? Sign me up!

Cosmic Connie said...

Id, that person who wrote to me distressed because their marriage was breaking up also said that ACCESS teaches that marriage is a four-letter word. When I read that, I didn't know if I should take it literally or if the person might have just been misinterpreting the intent because of that book by Gary and Dane ("Sex Is Not A Four-Letter Word, But Relationship Often Times Is"). If ACCESS really is encouraging wholesale sexual experimentation regardless of a person's marital status, that puts a whole new light on it. Or should I say it makes ACCESS look even darker and more harmful.

Anonymous said...

If ACCESS really is encouraging wholesale sexual experimentation regardless of a person's marital status, that puts a whole new light on it. Or should I say it makes ACCESS look even darker and more harmful.

Darker and harmful are more like understatements, sad to say.

And I've noticed this trend on the "new" New Wage stuff that's come out within the past 10 years---marriage is a four letter no-no word, and so are relationships, friends, attachments, anything that's intrinsically human nature. I've even seen this phenomenon with those Kundalini believers (a past ex was one of those--do I know how to pick them! lol).

I did read the SHAM blog....damn, I did not know that a lot of hustledorks and New Wagers prey on the supposed vulnerability of women. =( Like you said before, it could have been a lot worse in my case......

On that note, I think I'll give my farting pug that "Secret" DVD as a new chew toy. That ACCESSory gave it to me "so I could feel better about myself." Vomit.

Cosmic Connie said...

So that you could "feel better about yourself"? Vomit, indeed.

If your pug has any taste at all, s/he will simply crap on the DVD rather than try to consume it.

Anonymous said...

The gross reality is my pug is in his puppy phase of eating his dog logs. So either way the bad taste of the "Secret" DVD is gonna get into his system. =(

What's next? ACCESS for canines? Lock up your doggies!!

Cosmic Connie said...

Well, for dogs that throw up a lot, there's ACK-cess. :-)

BTW, if you also have a cat in the house, keep the litter box out of the pup's reach. Dogs LOVE "kitty McNuggets." Many people are shocked or embarrassed when they catch their dogs snacking in the litter box. But it's a dog thing... they'll eat just about anything. Cat poop is a delicacy.

And years ago, when I used covered litter boxes and *did* keep them in the dogs' reach, I was looking all over the house one day for one of my dachshunds. I finally found her sound asleep in one of the covered litter boxes. I guess she felt the need for a nap after her "meal." Blegghhhh!

Anonymous said...

Interesting, this connection to 60s trends. Recently checked out new info on Carlos Castaneda (www.salon.com/books/feature/2007/04/12/castaneda/). Turns out, that there were cult-like practices involved, very similar to those here discussed. It would be very helpful to discern malicious intent behind family value negations, that reason with arguments such as "ego" or "mind". After all, where would anyone be without them?!

Cosmic Connie said...

Very interesting article, Anon. Thanks!

Citizen Deux said...

Elvis (Costello) that is, put it best - what's so funny about peace love and understanding?

You are right on the mark -

I think the ideals of peace and freedom and happiness were actually noble ones

Not only are they noble ideas, but they are far simpler to enact and express than any religion, philosophy or New Wage whacko would have us believe.

Start out with "do unto others..."

Cosmic Connie said...

"Start out with do unto others...'"

Now, that's a good place for anyone to start. I think some of the "flower children" did try to live their lives that way -- I mean, beyond looking out for each other by warning about the "brown acid" at Woodstock. But, humans being what they are, those fine ideals fell along the wayside for many. These days some of the same people who were rebelling against the 'military-industrial complex' are now part of what Chris Locke (Mystic Bourgeoisie blog) calls the 'spiritual-industrial complex.' They're greedier and more materialistic than the "Greatest Generation" ever dreamed of being.

Anonymous said...

I am going through a de-brain washing experience that is a painful process. My story starts with a family and career and ends with me sitting here alone broke and two beautiful children and an ex-husband that are two thousand miles away.

Dear Anonymos,
Went through a similar experience with the same persons, luckily not as far as yours, thanks to the immense love of my family. Know exactly where you are and how you feel! Would gladly offer support or assistance, your family may understand, eventually. How could we communicate in private?

Cosmic Connie said...

Well, Anon #3, I'll put this up and maybe you and the first Anon can connect. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cosmic Connie,

Would you happen to come across this link:
http://tinyurl.com/6dsknu

I wish you could have a part two of your blog on Access. Or better, the issues you pointed out in your blog be known to the US media. I heard they are targetting more than 100,000 new recruits in order for them to generate the cash to put up an Access school for kids in Australia or US.

The four letter word in the book "Sex is Not a Four Letter Word But Relationship Often Is" refers to F*CK. They believe that relationships are always f---ed. The book do mention creating intimacy by having Allowance, Trust, Honor of oneself, Vulnerability and Gratitude, but Gary teaches attendees to have sex with anyone (even with married ones). Practicioners even confirm that it is ok to have sex with a married person. Reason? So they will be potent to receive anything, everything and anyone in their lives with ease, joy and glory.

I am not surprised about this "teaching" from a guy who has been divorced twice.

May it be true or not, Gary could have gotten some magic somewhere and tried to pass on the power to his students. The issue is the practioners claim that they have the same potent awareness as Gary has. They only use what a person say and use logic & words to call their clients as "Pathetic" when these clients don't conform to their teachings. (Oh well, Gary uses the same word during his classes anyway - so much for kindness and the heart.)

The Access classes are not supposed to be the same all the time. It changes. This is because according to their teachings - there is no form and structure. So Accessories are encouraged to attend again at half price. Hmmm, are they getting the numbers to reach more than 100,000 recruits?

Something is really off with this group. Well, is it a judgement? Maybe.

From Anony

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks, Anon. I may do at least a snippet / update about Access. That was an interesting link, even though it's over a year old. I imagine Gary and gang are still up to the same old stuff, though.

Sis said...

This alarms me as my sister in law is doing some crazy things for this ACCESS group.She was left widowed with her two gorgeous little children, last July when my brother passed away within 6 months of being diagnosed with a brain tumour. She then got involved in ACCESS. The long and the short is that an american access 'chick' has moved into their home with them and my sister in law is having a sexual relationship with her!! we are so shocked and so worried for her kids and the confusion all this ACCESS rubbish is causing in their lives. We all live close by each other south of Perth and she has already flown to Mission Beach leaving her kids with her mum in school holidays(!?) for another "course", came back declaring she is going to move to QLD to live to help with the ACCESS school and become a teacher there! Help! how do we get her out of this without pushing her away. We have suspicions this ACCESS woman that has moved in is probably some sort of converter or keeper. We had a thought to just take her away to the country for a break with no phones or contact with these people - would it work and for how long would we need to distance her?? Close friends raised a massive $60,000 which is in her account do these people get knowledge of what money people have?

Anonymous said...

maybe it is time to ring channel 7 (australia).

took me time to snap out of their mood conditioning techniques t0 condition new recruits that their tools work. i knew something was off about the group. they claim their though that their lives are filled with joy, ease and glory. they were indeed happy and laughing at the last class i attended. but i felt it was all fake joy. good thing all my senses were up.

i heard that the hotel staff at mission beach a number of access people were in the nude beside the pool and were requested to leave. these guys pracitice - no form and structure (including not having to follow rules and the law) as haveing as such will limit your capability of receiving abundance. regardless - do they know the word "respect"?

i haven't opted out of their emails just to watch out what they are up to.

here is the latest email regarding their access school project:


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Access Energy for Transformation aklewis@roadrunner.com
Date: Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:39 PM
Subject: School Presentation
To: ******************


Good morning, afternoon or evening to all of you,

Carrie Butler and I, Stephanie Scott both at the Sunshine Coast Queensland are putting together presentation packages to gift to the principles of the Schools on the coast and WEIP?

We have already received a testimony from Chrissie, you are so generous and Liam & Gabi are amazing, we will be including their Mumble & Jumble book in the package, thank you for being available to us for ideas and product. Much gratitude!!!! HOW DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?

There will be two packages, one for the kindy, pre-school and state schools and one for the Junior & Senior High School.

Now we are approaching all of you (around the world) and ask you to request from all the contacts you may have to collect Testimonies of not only the kids using Access in Education also the Adults stories. Please let people know that these will be presented to the Principles, teachers, students and parents of several schools and get the ok from them for us to do so…Thanks……. WHAT ELSE IS POSSIBLE?

We are also in total allowance of receiving all of the great suggestions you have as to presenting and including any other material.

What energy space and consciousness can we be to package all products& literature the principles, teachers, parents and students require to see?

Please get on board with this,,,,, what are the possibilities for the future Access Schools and all the kids?

Much gratitude to all of you!!!!!!

What else can we generate for the kids and for consciousness?



Regards



Stephanie & Carrie J

Anonymous said...

Let this be a warning to people who encounter any Access follower. If they need a product or service that they are required to pay - do not say yes when they offer Bars (soft touch therapy) in an exchange. Not only they will do Rasputin techniques on you - it will hurt your heart and pockets.

The banner "Ease", Joy and Glory is a big joke. If it aint easy for them - they find ways to make it so - only to their advantage.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for comments posted so far, things are only getting worse from where we sit! and trying all avenues to get Sis in Law out of this Access 'relationship' but don't know what to do, without losing her. We are suspicious the Access woman who has moved in is probably, through Access treatments, hypnotising her and maybe kids too. Complete personality changes happening - Access woman with her 24hrs a day! will not allow sister-in-law to be alone with others. Anyone have any approaches/ideas? I would love to email directly with someone directly who has been involved with Access but don;t know how to do this on this site without giving world my email?

Anonymous said...

I just wonder what happened to SIS of Perth. Access leaders are in the country. hmmmm

Anonymous said...

Sis, I can help. Please forward your contact info to Connie, and she will send it to me. Connie, I am the person who sent you two emails on 11/02/08.

Anonymous said...

Connie,
have there been any further developments regarding access. I met someone who wants me to try it.
What is this energy stuff bars. Will I feel anything if I try it? Is it some kind of trick?
I hear it could get expensive. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cosmic Connie said...

Anon 6:41 PM: Most of my observations about ACCESS come from my own "outsider's" perspective, and my blog posts should make it pretty apparent that I think it's a huge scam. I have, however, heard from a few people who have had direct experience with ACCESS, and I have published all comments except those from people who asked me to keep their communications private. By far most of these comments have been very negative about ACCESS.

If you forward me your contact information, I can forward it to the Anon (10:31 PM) whose comment appears just before yours. This person, I believe, is in a good position to know about some of the dodgy things that are going on in ACCESS.

To all of the others who have commented here: I do appreciate your comments, even if I haven't replied to them individually. At various times more recently, I've posted about ACCESS just to "bump" it back up to the front page of my blog, in order to keep people aware of the incredible crap the ACCESS folks are trying to pull. ACCESS really hasn't caught on big time in the US that I can see, but here and there I hear of people trying to "recruit," so it remains a matter of concern.

Anonymous said...

Connie ,does this access thing fall under mind control. Can you put me in touch with Anon (10:31 PM)as you suggested.


Thanks,
I'll keep you posted
Anon 6:41 PM:
bobearl@rocketmail.com

Cosmic Connie said...

Bob, I forwarded your request and email address to "Anon 10:31 PM" as you requested; hopefully you'll get the info you need. Good luck, and do keep in touch.

bo bearl said...

Connie, I guess ur on vac or ur fed up with this crap.Sorry but it's hit a nerve with me. Here's some of what gary pushes http://www.eomega.org/omega/faculty/viewProfile/3dd373daee0a9aa7a3baca28f93cce54/ same link here you can donate your family jewels
http://www.eomega.org/omega/support/ways/ Please comment Connie do u think this kick back. Wow cash in the jewels. ps merry holidays

Cosmic Connie said...

Hi, Bo: I didn't mean to ignore your previous comment; I just got distracted with other stuff. The person with whom I put you in contact is apparently selling his own stuff, as you'd noted, but he did tell me that he had some insight into ACCESS that he'd be glad to share with you. I'm sorry if that got you sucked into another sales pitch; it wasn't my intention.

No, I'm not fed up with "ACCESS" info, especially since the movement, such as it is, seems to be growing somewhat. As for the eOmega site, on one level OMEGA sounds like just another idealistic community, but on the other...well, as you noted, if Gary promotes it, it's a fair bet he has a financial stake in it. I can't comment further till I do more research, but thank you for pointing it out to me.

Grace and Nicolas Roquefort-Villeneuve, the "Cult Busters" said...

We are solicited on several occasions to facilitate men and women (1) who are still involved in a cult and want out, and (2) who require to be "detoxed" after leaving a cult.

If you are involved in a cult, have a family member or a dear friend who is a cult member, do not hesitate to contact us.

Given the extreme sensitivity of the matter, we can ensure you that all identities will remain absolutely private.