Friday, June 01, 2007

Bonnette v. Byrne: Walter weighs in

Walter Terry at the ROI Copywriter blog thinks I've been too quick to give Vanessa Bonnette a pass regarding her allegations of plagiarism (see yesterday's post). To make things more fair and, as I noted in my comment to Walter, infinitely more interesting, I'm publishing the link to his take on the matter.


Points duly noted, Walter. And yes, although we don't see eye to eye on some matters, I know you're no Secretron.

I do wish Vanessa well (and I don't wish Rhonda ill), and I hope the "truth" comes out without too much blood being shed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, I've had to do a lot of catch-up reading here :-) Interesting stuff, as usual.

The claim of plagiarism seems odd. I've seen this type of content many times. Nothing all that original. What is different is the packaging and endorsements.

On another note, did you see this?
http://www.chicagoreader.com/features/stories/springbooks07/thesecret/

Weren't you all talking about the mysterious Emerson quote over at Blair Warren's place -- a long time ago?

Cosmic Connie said...

Hi, Lana, it's great to see you back! I will be interested to see how the plagiarism story plays out. As I noted in my comment to Walter on my previous post, I kept my commitment to Vanessa Bonnette and gave her side of the story.

I'll check out that Chicago Reader link as soon as I get a chance. Meanwhile, maybe Blair will want to weigh in on this one.