Saturday, February 17, 2007

It's a light work day

I had actually started a real blog post, and it was about something terribly important concerning planetary healing, but then I got distracted with other matters of consequence. So what the hell, I'll finish up tomorrow. The friggin' planet can wait to be healed. Meanwhile, I offer as consolation yet another recycled morsel from Cosmic Relief.

It's been fifteen years since I created this simple and rather crudely rendered little ad parody...and very little has changed in the New-Wage world. The main difference between then and now is that a hell of a lot more people are into New-Wage diversions such as aromatherapy, Hellerwork, craniosacral therapy, and the like than was the case in the early 1990s. (Some would call that progress, but these are probably the same people who think The Secret represents progress too.)

What's more, I could probably place my "ad" in a real New-Wage rag, and I would probably get calls from real people wanting to avail themselves of these powerful therapies. (Or someone would get those calls; that's not my real phone number.)

As usual, you need to click on the pic to see the enlarged version...

No comments: