Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sorry about the solar flares and all, but...

Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay
It's Cosmic Connie Day
AKA My Birthday
A worldwide holiday!


And I really, really apologize for the solar flares. I just asked for fireworks, but my friend the Sun likes to go all out. (He's such a flaming... but oh, where would we be without him?) Oh, and I'm also sorry for the storms and high winds and so forth that you may be experiencing in your area, depending upon where you are. I sincerely hope that none of y'all are too inconvenienced by outages and suchlike. If you are, please know that I will probably be suffering right along with you, as our satellite Internet (don't get me started) goes out at the first hint of rain, say nothing of solar flares. What I'm trying to say is that we are all in this Whirled together.


And I must say I am also humbled and honored by the fact that the President of the United States is going to be giving a speech tonight in celebration of Cosmic Connie Day. You may or may not like him, but you have to admit that presidential recognition is a pretty big deal. (Don't be fooled by that corny old State of the Union framework; this is really all about Me.)

So what can you do to celebrate Cosmic Connie Day, besides heap me with praise, good wishes and/or money (and here's a poem to get you inspired re the latter)? Well, you can do your part to fight Internet censorship, although if the Sun wants to censor all of our Internet activities for a spell, there's not much to be done. (I'll try talking to him, but he can be so willful at times. Besides, I don't want to hurt his feelings. After all, he's flaring for me.) Or you can go out and adopt or rescue a homeless animal or two (or three, or however many you can reasonably support). And do what you can to support your local sustainable farmers and other small-business owners. These are all perfectly wonderful ways to honor me and (in the case of helping homeless animals) even save a few lives.

Meanwhile, I have to get back to work. Yes, even on Cosmic Connie Day, work must go on. Not that I'm complaining! Thank you to all of you for your continued support of my Whirled.

15 comments:

Martypants said...

ok - that's why all my power went out this morning for a bit - it was nodding to you. Please stop fucking up my duldrummoned ecosystem with your inspired awesomeness, Connie.

T.Beast said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sure Obama will mention you in his speech. He may even appeal to your sensibilities to help get through all the b.s. and down to the truth of the matter at hand.

Thanks for all the work you do!

Cosmic Connie said...

Hey, sorry about your ecosystem, Marty. When I found out that the Sun was planning that whole flare thing, I did actually appeal to him to at least PLEASE SPARE MARTY, but that big gasbag has a mind of his own. Sigh...

Cosmic Connie said...

Thank you, T. Beast, for the b.d. wishes and your continuing support. I'll be listening carefully for Obama's coded mentions of me. He has to be discreet, of course. :-)

Yakaru said...

Happy Birthday Connie! May your dreams turn out to be irrelevant to your happiness (this is one of my new anti-LoA well wishing techniques).

And here's another one - a nice picture of some birds which have been specially photoshopped by nature in honor of your website....

http://bit.ly/tlDJw0

Tina said...

You look so enlighted in that pic, I thought you tapped into some new infinite wisdom invisible friends to help you celebrate. Happy Birthday!

hhh said...

Radiant! Radiant!

Anonymous said...

Move over Abraham here comes Cosmic Connie lmao

~Anon

Mariah said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! I just came here to grab a link for my blog and saw your post. :)

Ok, I missed you by almost a week, but still, Happy Birthday!!!

Cosmic Connie said...

I love the bird pic, Yak. I feel so humbled whenever nature takes the time to "blue" things in my honor. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Cosmic Connie said...

HHH: Yes, I strive for radiance.

Cosmic Connie said...

LOL, Anon Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:58:00 PM. I'm sure Abrascam doesn't mind sharing a little glory with CC. :-)

Cosmic Connie said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, Tina. With a little help from Photoshop or a similar program, anyone can become as radiantly enlightened as I. ;-)

Cosmic Connie said...

Hi, Mariah! Thank you for the birthday greeting, and no worries about that whole "belated" issue; after all, I'm just now getting on my blog to belatedly publish and respond to some of those very wishes. And now I'm off to catch up on *your* blog...

Barney Quick said...

Happy birthday! May the coming year see the blazing illumination without the least bit of forgiving shadow for which your blog is known turn even more hearts and minds away from inconsequential do-dah and toward a grown-up inquiry into what is real and true.