Whirled Musings

Across the Universe with Cosmic Connie, aka Connie L. Schmidt...or maybe just through the dung-filled streets and murky swamps of pop culture -- more specifically, the New-Age/New-Wage crowd, pop spirituality & religion, pop psychology, self(ish)-help, business babble, media silliness, & related (or occasionally unrelated) matters of consequence. Hope you're wearing boots. (By the way, the "Cosmic" bit in my moniker is IRONIC.)

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bat sh-t crazy?

I'm working on a real blog post – yet another follow-up to a wacko promiscuous-sex cult I've written about before
but meanwhile, here's something batty from the world's most respected news source, The Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/breaking_news_bat_loose_in

And speaking of bats, a well-known New-Wage guru may have hit upon a new discovery (or, rather, the discovery hit upon him): an organic way to expand one's vision, as it were, via bat poop:

http://twitter.com/mrfire/status/4458557210

Who knows what miraculous health-supplement product ideas that incident might have inspired?

And now that we're on the subject of poop, Ron and I found an unfamiliar-looking piece of dark, crumbly, and very interestingly textured poop in our garage the other day. We probably should have shot a few pics of it (would that be considered a "crap shoot"?), but alas, we didn't. We do know that it wasn't the product of one of our domestic quadrupeds, and it wasn't from a possum. After doing several minutes of intensive research on the Net, I found a picture that closely resembled the turd that was in our garage, and the bad news is that it appears to be the work of a skunk (though alternatively, it might be from a raccoon). I am reasonably certain, however, that it wasn't from a bat.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous mojo said...

Perhaps I am especially cowardly, but as much as I try to stand up to the occasional bat swooping around inside my house I just can't. They wait until the very last minute before they turn, and they have such perfect control you swear they're gonna hit you. I duck every time....

Of course this might be because I was officially cursed by a bat. I finally caught one little guy who was flying around the living room and picked him up (with gloves on, natch) to carry him outside. I couldn't hear a lot of it, being in the higher registers, but from the squeaking I DID hear, well, let's just say bats are no longer my totem spirit guide animals, if they ever were. The language that little beast used! :o

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 1:26:00 PM  
Blogger Cosmic Connie said...

Foul-mouthed they may be, but even so, I think bats are very cute. I just don't want any in my house. Or in my belfry, for that matter.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 1:41:00 PM  
Anonymous disillusioned said...

Batting for the other side, here's a nice batty tale:

http://tinyurl.com/y9kvuf6

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 7:32:00 AM  
Blogger Cosmic Connie said...

That's a great story, Dis. Humans using echolocation...wow, that ties right in with the dolphin and whale discussion we've been having on another thread. It's all connected...

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 11:08:00 AM  
Anonymous disillusioned said...

Spooky, it's all coming together now.......

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 2:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home