Thursday, December 07, 2006

Some sweetness and light for a change

Today, in honor of RevRon's birthday (and y'all be sure to visit his blog and wish him a happy day*), I am going to depart from my usual negativity and sarcasm and present something truly inspirational. I have been taken to task once again for being so negative about The Secret, and y'know, my critic had a point. I should be spreading sunshine and positivity instead of vitriol.So I offer, as my humble contribution to the Universe, a colorful poster, suitable for hanging on a wall and throwing darts at gazing at first thing every morning, even before you meditate, take your astral projection pill, and prayerwalk through your home labyrinth. The poster is crammed with suggestions to help you live life to the fullest. May it truly make a difference in your day.


(Click on pic to get a (slightly larger) version.
If it's not large enough, right-click and "view image,"
then zoom in as you need.)
Thank you to my critics who have called me on my negativity. And thank you to RockitQueen, who, in her own subtle way, expressed her opinion about the person who inspired the above poster, calling her "the Candace Bushnell of self-help".

And most of all, thank you to The Rev for being the love of my life, as well as being the one person who has kept me from giving up altogether on spirituality. Happy birthday, baby!


P.S. In case you are wondering where all of these colors came from, Tilak just came through here and blew light and color all over this blog, leaving me in a space of total expansiveness and allowing. But my eyes hurt now.
P.P.S. Here's my real inspiration.


 * Also encourage the Rev to blog more, will you? He has a lot to say, and he has some pretty good books in him as well. He's been so busy writing books for other people, and contributing to others' blogs, that he has neglected his own. We wanna hear from you, Rev!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, cool...thanks for the shout-out, CC! I couldn't stop giggling over your poster. Simply brill!

Have a succulent day!

XO, RockitQueen

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks, RQ. And don't forget to Eat Mangos Naked! (I guess that means you should peel them before you eat 'em.)