Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Kevin Trudeau news: Banjo David comes out of hiding, and government issues sentencing memo


Now, here's some good news. My friend Julie Daniel just noticed this today. The guy that many of us have known for a few years only as "Banjo David" has finally revealed his full name on now-jailed serial scammer Kevin Trudeau's public Facebook page. He is one David G. Bragman of Chicago,
a recording engineer, bluegrass musician, radio host, and teacher of banjo, guitar, singing and sound recording. Go, David!

I had mentioned Banjo David
on my blog a few years ago (see Addendum 19 July 2011); I linked to and quoted his 2010 post on The Straight Dope board. Over the past year or so, several of us on Facebook have linked to the same post.

Under the thread, "Did you spread your cheeks for Kevin Trudeau?" Banjo David wrote a "public apology," relating his experiences with Trudeau at motivational info-product purveyor Nightingale-Conant way back in the late 1980s and early 1990s.


On March 10, David copied and pasted his old comment on Trudeau's Facebook page. See the screen shot above (as usual, click to enlarge). Here is the direct link, which is good at this time, but you never know if and when it will be taken down:
https://www.facebook.com/TheKevinTrudeau/posts/636421049744287

And here again is the link to David's original (2010) comment on The Straight Dope.
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=554566

Although David's story hasn't varied between that 2010 comment and the one he posted two days ago -- except for the fact that he updated the number of years since he got "sh-t-canned" from Nightingale-Conant, -- you can see that some diehard Katie fans are claiming that he is just making it up, and they won't believe it till others come forth. Till others come forth?!? Um.... that train left the station long ago.

David, if you want to share your thoughts on this Whirled, feel free to do so. I've been writing about your old not-friend Katie for more than five years now. Or drop me an email at the address listed at the top of this page. Or just join the conversation
on Facebook at GIN Network Truth.

I know that a lot of people will be interested in what you have to say.

And by the way, I love banjo music.


Meanwhile, in court... gummit asks for a min of ten
Here is a link to the latest document (plus exhibits) from Kevin Trudeau's criminal contempt case
.


The actual pre-sentence investigation report is still sealed but this document, filed on March 10, 2014, is the government's Sentencing Memorandum. It recommends that Trudeau be sentenced to at least ten years in prison, based upon legal sentencing guidelines. Remember that it is still up to Judge Ronald Guzman to make this decision, however. Sentencing will be this coming Monday, March 17, at 2:00 PM.


The main document gives a good summary of Trudeau's misdeeds, but the exhibits -- particularly the emails from his former partner Donald Barrett -- are very revealing. I still think that if Katie is going to be caged, Barrett deserves it too, but then, so do many of Trudeau's other cohorts and former cohorts. But I guess that's not my call to make.

2 comments:

David said...

Cool! I had no idea people were reading my com ment.

It's real, folks, I worked with this lying sack of shit.

Just for grins, we mixed the sound of a cell door slamming shut very quietly at the end of cassette side 12 of Advanced Mega Memory.

We recorded some wonderful material at Nightingale-Conant. I recorded Deepac Chopra, Norman Cousins, Brian Tracy, Roger Dawson, Jack Canfield. I learned a lot about recording, and also great motivational and sales ideas.
I was proud of what we did.

The vice-president at the time, Kevin Mcnally, sold out to Trudeau.

Tony saw an big invoice for jet fuel - being billed for Trudeau's jet-setting ways.

I lost my job because of Kevin Trudeau.

Thanks
David

Cosmic Connie said...

Thank you for weighing in, David! LOL about the cell door slamming. Maybe that's the law of attraction in action?

I'm still up in the air about whether someone like Trudeau belongs in a cage for life. Really. And I know some disagree with me there. OTOH, he has to be stopped from scamming. And I don't know how that can legally be done in the US without physically putting someone in a cage. I think our criminal justice system may need to be overhauled.

Your comment about the big bill for jet fuel is kind of in keeping with the ongoing rumor that Katie nearly drove Nightingale-Conant to bankruptcy because of his partying ways. There were also rumors of drugs and hookers, though a friend of his who was around at the time said he never saw Trudeau do drugs. Come to think of it, I don't think the friend denied the hookers part, though.