Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Kevin Trudeau pours his heart out in effort to stay out of jail, to no avail

As I write this, serial scammer Kevin Trudeau is headed back to jail, despite his efforts to convince the courts that he had purged himself of the civil contempt charges that landed him there. According to Kim Janssen at the Chicago Sun-Times, this morning's hearing was "fractious."
“If I’m incarcerated tonight my question is what specifically can I do to prove that . . . there are no assets,” an indignant Trudeau said, before he was led away by court security officers.
Trudeau was allowed to travel to the DC area yesterday (October 21) for his fundraising event, and so far I haven't heard any word on how that went or how much he was able to raise.* But while Kevin was at the Holiday Inn Old Town in Alexandria, Virginia, presumably preaching to his flock about how much money they need to give him, his lawyers were filing desperate, last-minute papers saying that he has met the conditions to purge the latest civil contempt, so he shouldn't have to go back to jail. There are a whole lot of histrionics in them thar docs.

But the FTC's lawyers filed a statement and exhibits saying he is full of crap and should go to jail. Histrionics there too, if one is to be perfectly honest.

And for now, anyway, the FTC prevails.

There's still nothing new on the criminal case docket; I assume that's going forward as scheduled, with the jury trial set to begin on November 4.

But the civil case saw quite a bit of activity, as evidenced in the links above.

I personally don't think Katie belongs in a cage. I've said that before. But that's where he'll be, for a while, anyway. He's due back in court on Thursday, October 24, and we'll see what happens from there.

By the way, ABC7 also reported on the new court docs yesterday.
One can appreciate Chuck Goudie's rather snarky tone in this article; he's a man after my own heart.

* I did hear that the big event, the GIN Family Reunion in DC, only had about 800 attendees, but they were apparently very enthusiastic attendees and they seem convinced that one way or the other, the GINtanic will sail on, even without Kevin. One person who attended was giddy with excitement on Facebook the other night, and I didn't know whether to be happy for him or feel sorry for him. I've seen that post-event high too many times, fueled by too many scammy hustledorks, and I know the high is what keeps people coming back. But the almost inevitable hangover can be a real bitch.

* * * * *
Now more than ever, your donation is needed
to help keep this Whirled spinning.
Click here to donate via PayPal or debit/credit card.
If that link doesn't work, send PayPal payment directly to

scrivener66@hotmail.com
or to
cosmic.connie@juno.com
If PayPal, be sure to specify that your contribution is a gift. Thank you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work exposing KT.

Do you know where I can find information on the November 4 criminal case? I did some google searches and your page was the best thing that showed up (even taking the personalized search off).

Jacob Felson said...

Connie,

What did you think of the letter to Babenko that Trudeau included? Do you take it at face value or is merely a ploy -- perhaps an attempt to reduce the chances that the Court will seize assets held by Babenko?

mirele said...

He's still in jail...next hearing is Tuesday, October 29.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/23326752-418/infomercial-king-kevin-trudeau-to-stay-in-jail.html

Gettleman doesn't believe Katie when he says he's told all about his precious moneys.

Cosmic Connie said...

Hi, everyone... sorry I am a little late getting to replies.

Cherry: Thanks for your kind words. So far I haven't seen anything much online about the criminal case, other than a passing mention in various mainstream news stories. Most of my info has come directly from PACER.gov. I've been uploading a lot of the documents to scribd.com (and putting links in various blog posts). I have also uploaded docs to a publicly accessible Facebook group called GINtruth.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GINtruth/
But I think you have to be on Facebook to access it.

I am sorry that this is the best I can do right now.

The civil case has been taking up the most media attention because that's the one that involved immediate incarceration of the "infomercial pitchman," as the journos love to refer to Trudeau.

I am trying to keep people as informed as possible about both cases, through my blog and the GIN Network Truth Facebook page.

Meanwhile, if you want to research on your own, the criminal case number is 1:10-cr-00886, in the
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS
EASTERN DIVISION
with Judge Ronald A. Guzmán presiding.

Trial is set to commence on November 4.

Cosmic Connie said...

Jacob: I think that virtually everything Kevin Trudeau says, writes, or does is a ploy, and the letter to his beloved estranged bride is no exception.

Cosmic Connie said...

Mirele: Thanks for stopping by. Supposedly there was a hearing today (Monday, October 28); it was continued from the 24th. I am on my way to PACER to see if there is anything new.