Friday, December 31, 2010

Fast away the old year passes...


...and for my friends in other parts of the Whirled, the old year already has passed. Happy New Year to those Down Under and Across The Pond. I'll be singing Auld Lang Syne soon enough myself.


I realize that I've been terribly negligent for nearly three months, with at least a dozen posts still in the hopper, unfinished. Between work and other distractions, I have been starving this poor blog. For some time now I have been uttering my lame promise to return to snarking soon...and now, "soon" will have to be in 2011. But hey, that's less than two hours away in my neck of the woods.

Thank you to all of y'all for sticking with me, and I promise to give you more, much more, in the weeks and months to come. I've got posts in the works about a variety of topics, from neuromarketing to nekkid men, from classic historical hustledorks to contemporary con artists, from profoundly shallow "thought" pieces to more bad poetry... and, of course, I'll have much more about Access, which just gets sillier and sillier as time goes by.

The important point is that I really, really am still here, despite all of the cleaning and clearing and chanting and such that some factions might have been practicing to help make my Whirled go away. It's not workin', guys. Though I haven't really been pulling my weight in the critical blogosphere of late, I have been living a shadow existence as a fairly regular commenter on Salty Droid's blog, and an occasional commenter on Steve Salerno's SHAMblog, so look for me there. But I haven't abandoned this Whirled, either.

Happy New Year to all of you who observe the Gregorian Calendar, and to those who don't, here's a belated or early Happy New Year.

And to all a good night, for now. I'll be here all year; don't forget to tip your waitress. Or your blogger, if you feel so inclined.

5 comments:

theoreticalgrrrl said...

Eagerly awaiting shiny new 2011snarking. LOVE LOVE this blog, u r awesome Connie!
<3 Penelope

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks, Penelope! I'm putting the shine and snarkle on a new post as we speak (or write). In between generating copy for pay, that is...

Anyway, the new one'll be up soon.

Citizen Deux said...

Connie - you'll always have a faithful following. Keep up the good work. We forgive the ebb and flow of your wit and time!

CD

Cosmic Connie said...

Thank you, CD. I appreciate it!

Pepsi said...

Bit late Connie but better late than never they say.

Keep up the great work sister, you and others like Saltydroid are doing wonders for justice the world over.

What has happened with the Secrets Rhonda Byrnes, aussie scammer Schirmer and Heriott (James no?) I'm guessing Byrnes is hiding her moulla, Schirmer has no moulla and is using every cent he does get on himself and Heriott is still waiting for his moulla.

Looking forward to more readings.