Scammy Awards: last chance to vote
It's not too late to vote in the 2009 Scammy Awards, sponsored by Dr. John Curtis of Americans Against Self-Help Fraud. I previously reported that the deadline was 21 March, but I checked with Dr. Curtis, and he said that the hard deadline is midnight EDT, Sunday, 29 March. So you still have a few hours.
And despite the name of the organization sponsoring the awards, you don't have to be American to vote. After all, selfish-help/New-Wage scamming is no respecter of national borders. In fact, I think some of you Aussies out there will be interested to know that one of your countrymen has made the finals, according to Dr. Curtis.
Winners will all be announced during National Guru-Free Week, April 1-8, 2009. Don't miss your chance to participate in this vote. Or, in the words of Dr. Curtis, "Please do your part to ensure that these Self Help Gurus receive the attention they deserve."
Once again, here are the categories:
- DUMB SPEAK AWARD: given for the most unintelligent thing uttered by a Self-Help Guru
- HYPOCRITE AWARD: given to the Self-Help Guru with the biggest gap between their professed values and how they actually behave
- DADDY BIG BUCKS AWARD: given to the Self-Help Guru whose lifestyle shows that they are only in it for the money
- HOODWINKED AWARD: given to the Self-Help Guru who did the best job of tricking a celebrity into being their sponsor
- BI-POLAR AWARD: given to the Self-Help Guru whose promises got the opposite results
- BEST PERFORMANCE IN A MIS-LEADING ROLE AWARD: given to the Self Help Guru who did the best job of deceiving the public
- BERNIE MADOFF LIFETIME MIS-ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: given to the best, all around Self-Help Guru who did the most to diminish the human race
Labels: Scammy Awards